G&R Tactical

Thread: Midwest Industries 10/22 Takedown M-LOK Handguard

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Midwest Industries 10/22 Takedown M-LOK Handguard

Ruger 10/22 Takedown M-LOK handguards are now shipping.
    We have a length for both rifles as well as the chargers.
    Be sure to check out the links below for more information.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...i-1022-13h.htm

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...mi-1022-8h.htm

Sodom & Gomorrah on the Sound - Seattle, Wash., Left Coast Hell
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Was just about to fire off an email to Andy with a couple questions, but since you have a thread here I'll give you a free bump and hope I can help anybody else who might be thinking along similar lines to myself.

1. Is there an M-Lok slot on top, and if so could it be set up to align with a receiver-top rail for mounting AR-style longer-radius iron sights? (I'm thinking to use the Brownells integral-rail model.)

2. Is it compatible with the Lasermax barrel-band laser unit?

Thanks!
    You really have to ask why Conservatives have guns? Because Liberals block freeways, burn cities, throw Molotov cocktails, loot, turn over cop cars, and think this behavior is Socially Acceptable.
    --unknown, memed by user "KeepnitReel" at Northwest Firearms

NRA Life Member (installment plan)

Not to be confused with Diamondback Firearms--no affiliation in any way whatsoever.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The top of the hand guard has m lok slots . We do not have a pic rail that extends from the hand guard over the receiver. This would not work since the gun has to twist to make it a take down. As far as the laser sight we have zero experience with that particular part .
    Thanks
    Troy
    MI

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Troy, I was thinking more "would the included rail section, mounted on the top slot, be the right height above bore to match a receiver-mounted scope rail?" One of the things I hate about the "as built" design is that the rear sight is halfway down the rifle from your eyeball.

Thank you!
    You really have to ask why Conservatives have guns? Because Liberals block freeways, burn cities, throw Molotov cocktails, loot, turn over cop cars, and think this behavior is Socially Acceptable.

Not to be confused with Diamondback Firearms--no affiliation in any way whatsoever.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We use the included rail section to mount red dots and it works really well. I am sure you could mount a longer rail section for a scope but I am not sure you would get the proper eye relief .

Troy
    MI

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That's cool as hell.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Industries View Post
    We use the included rail section to mount red dots and it works really well. I am sure you could mount a longer rail section for a scope but I am not sure you would get the proper eye relief .
    Troy, when I say "scope rail" like your 1022SM, I'm only referring to the usual use for 'em--my thinking is to mount a front iron sight at the front of the handguard and a rear on the back of the receiver, like an AR BUIS system. (I really hate standard 10/22 and AK setups where the rear sight is halfway down the rifle's length from your eye.)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We would have to make the rails match in height. As of right now we do not have a receiver rail and hand guard rail that are the same height.

Troy
    MI