Thread: Prairie dog hunt

Feedback Score

Prairie dog hunt

Went through about 2000 rounds shooting at prairie dogs last week my brother and I and our two oldest boys came along for two days. We had a great time we brought 9 guns 8 of them AR's needless to say the 1 bolt gun didn't see much use. We would shoot checking barrel heat regularly after about 20-30 rounds it was time to swap guns for a cool barrel. I'm not sure I would make it an annual pilgrimage but every few years would be fun. One of my buddy's at work asked how many we killed and my reply was I'm fairly certain we killed 4 of them.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Awesome story!
    Had a guy resting his rifle on the truck door with the window down. He was a good shot so when he missed so badly that neither of us saw the impact we were puzzled. That is until he got out and went to close the truck door. He had let his muzzle drop into the window channel and put the round through the outside skin of the door. Luckily it was an old ranch rig so we just pounded it back flush and laughed about the enduring memory and the luck of that prairie dog.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I am so jealous, I’ve never been on a good P Dog hunt. When we are shooting at our hide, sometimes those critters pop the head out a travel a bit much to their peril.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Went thru 1500 rounds the first day and around 500 the second and headed back home around noon the second day. It was fun main dog town was around 500 acres but had seen quit a bit of hunting pressure they where pretty skittish but with 223’s we could reach out a bit. Second day guy put us on a small but unhunted town that was an absolute riot for a couple hours those dogs where very dumb. My brother and I spent a good amount of time just loading magazines for our boys to shoot and swapping guns when the barrels got hot. We brought 8 AR’s and one bolt gun the bolt gun didn’t see much use and nether did one AR that only had a 3-9 scope after looking thru the 6-18’s or 6.5-20 a 3-9 seems a bit inadequate. All in all it was a good time not something I’d do every year but once in while is very fun.