Thread: Active hearing protection advice

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Active hearing protection advice

Always been old school on the hearing muffs, using non active muffs. My experience with a few low budget active muffs, left me unimpressed and I felt like they did not cut the sound off before it reached my ears in time. Just didn't give me confidence they were protecting my hearing. Not sure if that was just my impression, or low budgets actives just don't work all that well. I was considering trying something on the higher end, but don't wanna drop the $ if the difference is not really noticeable.

Looking at something like the 3M PELTOR ComTac III, but they're close to $300. Totally worth it if they work as advertised, but is the difference in $ worth it?

What's recommended set between say $200 and $300? I don't care about coms and such. Happy to buy once cry once, but what's the diff between that and say $100 brand?

I see the Peltor 97451 3M Tactical Sport Earmuff for well under $200. Are the electronics the same as the ComTac III and the differences being water proofing, coms, etc?
    Last edited by WillBrink; 06-18-19 at 09:41.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”