Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many rounds before trusting your life to it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

How many rounds before trusting your life to it?

Scenario 1: your self defense rifle is a new Bushmaster, PSA, Ruger 556, Smith, etc.

How many trouble free rounds before you rely on it?

Scenario 2: same question with BCM, Colt 6920, Noveske.

?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Tier 1 rifle:

200 minimum ........500 preferably

PSA , Ruger, other lower tier rifles........more ammo than it costs to just buy a Tier 1 rifle instead

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    VIOLENCE OF ACTION..........DON'T HESITATE.

Feedback Score
    Question: Why would there be any difference between a Tier 1 and Tier 2 rifle? Please give a real, factual answer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    Question: Why would there be any difference between a Tier 1 and Tier 2 rifle? Please give a real, factual answer.
    I'm more concerned about parts-breakage/stuff coming loose with higher round counts on budget rifles than tier 1 rifles.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

How many rounds before trusting your life to it?

1 round. I’m good.

Feedback Score
    I would think you should know within a couple of 20 round boxes of ammo if the firearm is functioning properly. Which for most of us is shot the first time out with a new toy.

Feedback Score
    Thoroughly clean and oil new rifle, fire 100-200 rounds or so, and you will know if it is reliable.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Scenario 1: put 500 training rounds through it. Put another 200 training rounds on a rainy day in December, January, or February.

Scenario 2: Same as scenario 1.

IMO all rifles can present a Schrödinger's cat. Some rifles you are tossing the dice on but as long as you have two quality units to fall back on there is no reason you can't play around with a lower budget unit.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd say 500 for a T1 and 1,000 for a T2 rifle.

Im on my 2nd PSA build, and if you know your way around the AR platform; you can pretty quickly identify if your gun will fail or not. Doing things like checking the gas block and barrel nut tightness, stake the castle nut and carrier key, and put a BCM extractor kit in the BCG. All this can be done before firing the first rounds. A T2 rifle usually wont be as accurate as a T1 rifle, but it is still an AR, and therefor capable of great reliability.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    No matter the gun, clean, then lube, fire a minimum 500 rounds of full powered ammunition without additional cleaning or lubrication. But I've been known to push that number to 800 or 1,000. Still no failures in our Colts, KAC or Glocks.
    Last edited by Sry0fcr; 06-19-19 at 08:44.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast