Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Benelli vs Beretta HD shotgun

Feedback Score

Benelli vs Beretta HD shotgun

Title says it all.

I want a shotgun for HD (I live in CA) and I am leaning towards the Beretta 1301 Tactical but I want some input if there is a reason to Benelli M4 instead. I have experience with the Benelli but non with the Beretta.
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Go with the gas gun

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have not shot an M4 but I have shot both the 1301 and the M2. And I will take the 1301 over the Benelli any day. The weight is about the same but the Beretta shoots faster with less felt recoil, the texture out of the box on the gun is enough to make it stick to your hands with out being overly aggressive. The biggest plus to me though was loading, it was just easier with the 1301 the loading gate is already opened up and beveled so you done accidentally cut your thumb in half like many do on the Benelli, the shell carrier is also already welded so that won't rat trap your thumb. Also with all the Aridus industries stuff you can make the 1301 the tactical bees knees and be under the price of the M4 or M2.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The weight difference is significant, the Benelli M4 being heavier.

The Beretta 1301 runs low recoil buck and cheap birdshot.

The 1301 also comes with an appropriately sized stock for the intended use.

Feedback Score
    I am looking at the LE model that has the tube extension and pistol grip, I am not necessarily a fan of the pistol grip but the tube extension and pic rail on the side is def a plus
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mysak View Post
    I am looking at the LE model that has the tube extension and pistol grip, I am not necessarily a fan of the pistol grip but the tube extension and pic rail on the side is def a plus
    I just picked up a new 1301 LE and prefer the standard stock. The mag extension kit from Nordic Components, https://nordiccomp.com/categories/be...extension-kit/, which is the same one that is on the pistol grip version of the 1301, are available for under $145. This plus the LE cost of the gun is still under what the pistol grip version sells for with LE pricing by at least $100. Most of the trainers that teach shotguns right now that are using 1301's recommend the guns without the pistol grip, due to LOP issues. Just some food for thought.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    I just picked up a new 1301 LE and prefer the standard stock. The mag extension kit from Nordic Components, https://nordiccomp.com/categories/be...extension-kit/, which is the same one that is on the pistol grip version of the 1301, are available for under $145. This plus the LE cost of the gun is still under what the pistol grip version sells for with LE pricing by at least $100. Most of the trainers that teach shotguns right now that are using 1301's recommend the guns without the pistol grip, due to LOP issues. Just some food for thought.
    Thanks for the heads up, I am going with the standard tactical model just have to decide on color?
    I checked out the aridus for the shell cady and co-witness mount for my T-1, is the nordic extension the way to go? I also want a sling and weapon mounted light what is the best setup for that?
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    Go with the gas gun
    That does a wonderful job of narrowing down the choice between a Benelli M4 and a Beretta 1301 to...

A Benelli M4 and a Beretta 1301.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    That does a wonderful job of narrowing down the choice between a Benelli M4 and a Beretta 1301 to...

A Benelli M4 and a Beretta 1301.
    Hey, he's like me and remembers the 2 & 3, you know back in the days when ships were wood and men were steel, and you had to hold shotguns right to get them to cycle birdshot. Ahh, those were the days.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I like the versatility of the M2 field comfortech for game hunting while being able to change out to a tactical 18.5" barrel running a factory mag tube extension. Basically does everything from shooting turkeys to shooting deer with slugs if needed along with still being a tactical shotgun for HD. Since I don't run lightweight loads that much- the fact that it's an inertia gun doesn't really make a difference.

This combo:

https://www.benelliusa.com/m2-field-shotgun

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/80003

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/80155
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 06-20-19 at 13:06.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast