Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me out With Eye Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Help me out With Eye Pro

I hope you guys can help me out with a couple items.

#1 Can anyone idenity these shooting glasses:

Attachment 57729

#2 I'm struggling with old eyes. I have excellent far vision, but presbyopia is laying me low. I'm okay for SD/HD, but for the gun game I like I cant get the needed precision using open sights anymore. My optometrist cooperates and I have two shooting prescriptions one is .75 diopter which wasn't getting the sights sharp enough, the other is 1.25 which, it turns out blurs the target too much for sighting in and testing loads using more precise targets.

I went to Walgreens and got a pair of 1.00 readers. They seem to work well, the sweet spot if you would. Problem is I'm not willing to shoot with those lenses, I'm pretty sure they are not ANSI Z87.1 rated, plus they aren't 1.00 at all angles.

Do any of you know of any 1.00 diopter ready made shooting glasses? I'd like to try some over the counter ones before I spring for another RX pair.

Thanks!!

(ETA: I began to realize I had a problem when I couldn't get any new loads to group tight enough during development. Then I switch to my Glock 17 RMR. Not the loads, it's my eyes.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 06-19-19 at 16:35.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Shooting with less than perfect vision is a pain, I asked my optometrist about this and she clearly was anti gun so I didn't get much help.

You can go custom with Oakley or another sports brand lense but that will be expensive.

While it will bring your street cred down to zero have you looked at safety glasses that go over prescription glasses?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    You might have some luck looking for general use safety glasses and not just shooting ones. They will still have the certifications and are available for a larger industry

A quick google search found these in a diff mag than you want

https://www.amazon.com/Pyramex-Safet...000QYBNN8?th=1

A lot of the safety are bifocal, so look for full lens. You should find some options

Feedback Score
    These ones dont look to bad and they have a brown lense option as well

https://www.amazon.com/Elvex-RX-500C...3NP0PTFMX&th=1

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks guys.

Bifocal option won't work - I have that already in what my wife 'lovingly' calls my $600.00 reading glasses.

I have a set of Oakleys in essentially .75 and in 1.25. At around $300.00 a whack I wanted to avoid another visit to the doc for an Rx pair until I was sure they would work.

Thanks!

Any ideas on those nice lenses in the picture on the OP?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    readingglasses.com has stick on lenses that you can use with any eye pro. I was turned on to them by a emergency room doctor who used them for operations. But 1.25 is lowest they make.

https://www.readingglasses.com/optix.../?src=ac_query
    Last edited by mack7.62; 06-20-19 at 12:13.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    No idea on the ones in the op.

The second option I posted does have an option for 1.0 mag and full lens in the options if you just want something to try

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    No idea on the ones in the op.

The second option I posted does have an option for 1.0 mag and full lens in the options if you just want something to try
    I did not see that. Thank you, they'll be here Saturday.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Found the shooting glaases also:

https://www.randolphusa.com/re-range...=bayonet-140mm

Pretty pricey and non-prescription.

They do have Rx lenses but the are kinda fudd, and expensive for what you get IMO:

https://www.randolphusa.com/re-range...le=cable-160mm

https://www.randolphusa.com/re-range...ns=hd-light-pc

Remember those clip on frames you Great Grandpa had for his glasses. These be them.

Feedback Score
    Let us know what you think. I buy the sun-glass style safety glasses all the time because they are cheap and i manage to break expensive regular sunglasses all the time. I can wear them at the range or for yard work etc too if needed. There are actually some stylish ones and the price is right that if they fall off the boat or get lost no biggie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast