Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LE trade in MK18's

Feedback Score

LE trade in MK18's

I have an opportunity to buy a LE trade-in MK18.

What I have gathered so far:
    1) Civilian MK18's used to have 0.08" gas ports while military MK18's had 0.07".
    2) After summer 2017, civilian MK18's were updated to 0.07" gas ports.

My question I have now is if MK18's made for law enforcement were always with 0.07" gas ports? The rifles in question were made circa 2010-2012, and still had the old school Daniel Defense milspec furniture and RIS II rails. Any Chris Bartocci's of Daniel Defense out there who can chime in on this? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I would guess since it isnt a military upper it would have the larger port with it being from 10-12.

If the price is right and you want it easy fix with BRT insert even if it is the larger port

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    I would guess since it isnt a military upper it would have the larger port with it being from 10-12.

If the price is right and you want it easy fix with BRT insert even if it is the larger port
    ^^^^^ What He Said....
    The lessons that we learn are written the tomb stones of others. -Reid Henrichs

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When I think of police trade in guns I think of like beat up Rem 870s, old Smith 5906s, or Colt 6520s that have been dumped in favor of something easier to mount optics on. So when I see stuff like Sig P320s, or DD Mk18s, being sold as "police trade ins" there's a part of me that thinks that if guns this "new" are being traded in, they must have been found unsatisfactory in some way by the agency. Im not plugged into how law enforcement weapons procurement and replacement works though so I could be way off base.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    When I think of police trade in guns I think of like beat up Rem 870s, old Smith 5906s, or Colt 6520s that have been dumped in favor of something easier to mount optics on. So when I see stuff like Sig P320s, or DD Mk18s, being sold as "police trade ins" there's a part of me that thinks that if guns this "new" are being traded in, they must have been found unsatisfactory in some way by the agency. Im not plugged into how law enforcement weapons procurement and replacement works though so I could be way off base.
    A lot of places just use years in service as the only metric for replacement. 7 years or so isn’t uncommon, so seeing MK18 trade-ins doesn’t shock me.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I agree, if price is right go for it. And if your not running a can the port is no issue. If you do, the BRT can be of great use.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Most police weapons are carried a lot but shot very little. So while there may be surface wear from handling, mechanically there usually very good. If these were issued to SWAT-types this may not be the case but if the price is right I’d risk it. Add another plug for the BRT insert as well.

Feedback Score
    These are $1200 and are in excellent shape minus a few scratches on the upper and lowers (whoopdeedoo). I’d say it’s a good price? Georgia Bureau Investigation trade ins. As far as port sizes no one seems to be 100% sure, not even Daniel defense customer service.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BL1 View Post
    These are $1200 and are in excellent shape minus a few scratches on the upper and lowers (whoopdeedoo). I’d say it’s a good price? Georgia Bureau Investigation trade ins.
    Yes, if you really want a MK18 that seems like a good price.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BL1 View Post
    These are $1200 and are in excellent shape minus a few scratches on the upper and lowers (whoopdeedoo). I’d say it’s a good price? Georgia Bureau Investigation trade ins. As far as port sizes no one seems to be 100% sure, not even Daniel defense customer service.

Way too much money for something that has a commercial dimension gas port, used, no factory box, and LE trade in.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast