Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Presscheck Consulting INTERMEDIATE ASSAULT RIFLE COURSE - October 14 - 15 - Pueblo We

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Presscheck Consulting INTERMEDIATE ASSAULT RIFLE COURSE - October 14 - 15 - Pueblo We

Presscheck Consulting INTERMEDIATE ASSAULT RIFLE COURSE - October 14 - 15 - Pueblo West, Colorado

The Presscheck Consulting Intermediate rifle course is designed to equip patrol and tactical officers with the skills to apply accurate rifle fire in critical situations at varying distances and from various positions.

This 20 hour course stresses the importance of applying offset and holds at various distances and angles to ensure proper point of impact. Various techniques of supporting the rifle to mitigate recoil and stabilize the reticle for proper shot placement.

Training Objectives
    - Provide comprehensive safety briefing discussing the practical application of the 4 firearms safety rules in the real world
    - Definition reviews of Internal, External, and Terminal ballistics, including 100, 200, and 300 yard zero.
    - Zero/confirm zero on all sights.
    - Provide students/officers a chance to have their shooting techniques observed by the trainer in order to provide that student/officer with individual feedback on ways to improve performance in accuracy and speed
    - Engagement of low percentage targets (small strike area often obscured with a hostage or other no-shoot area) from various distances while applying proper hold offs.
    - Shooting moving targets while applying leads (if class progression allows)
    - Shooting on the move (if class progression allows)
    - Drills used to demonstrate POI deviation when cant is applied to the rifle.
    - The student will understand the importance of critical hits and the consequences of a miss, and will be able to diagnose if they are capable of achieving hits at any given moment based upon pre-shot diagnostics of their sights in real time, the hold off of their reticle based upon target distance AND body position and cant of the weapon.
    - This course will enable the student to continue to develop and maintain these skills through the use of clear, repeatable standards.

$550 ($50 range fee for non members of the PWSA range) Register here: https://www.opdsource.com/product-p/32-0007.htm

Instructor Bio:

Presscheck Training and Consulting, LLC. is a Disabled Veteran owned small business founded in 2015 to provide training to Military, Law Enforcement and vetted civilians in marksmanship, tactics, Close Quarters Combat, Urban Operations, and Night Vision as well as other restricted subject matter. Presscheck also provides Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support to the firearms, tactical, and defense industries in the areas of new product design, business development, and human factors engineering. Presscheck Consulting currently provides various services for B.E. Meyers and Company and Raven Concealment Systems.

SGM(R) Pressburg retired from the Army on 1 Jan 2017 after over 26 years of active service, mostly in Special Operations and Special Missions Units. After Infantry and Airborne Training in 1990, Chuck completed the Ranger Indoctrination Program and was assigned to the 1st Bn, 75th Ranger Regiment.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I know Chuck is very accuracy focused in his pistol class. I take it his rifle class is no different?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC03 View Post
    What is that grip in the bottom photo?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I know Chuck is very accuracy focused in his pistol class. I take it his rifle class is no different?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I get it because of his scheduling, but I wish this was on a weekend.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    From what I've been told, yes. In the world he came from your job was linked to your performance on demand.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    What is that grip in the bottom photo?
    It's a precision grip that was popular in the late 90's and early 2000's. I had one on a precision AR close to 20 years ago. I think it may have been the Sierra, but I'm not 100% sure. https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod80206.aspx

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I get it because of his scheduling, but I wish this was on a weekend.
    Wake, I get it. I did what I could. I've been hosting classes for 20 years. I've found that Pistol weekend followed by Carbine Mon / Tue is the best for most students / instructors schedules. Looking forward to seeing you at class!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC03 View Post
    Wake, I get it. I did what I could. I've been hosting classes for 20 years. I've found that Pistol weekend followed by Carbine Mon / Tue is the best for most students / instructors schedules. Looking forward to seeing you at class!
    Yeah it is completely understandable. I'm going to see if its possible to get off work once I get to my new unit, if there are still openings.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast