Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I want to Gucci it up a bit

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Found a 16" (size I want) for $2050 shipped. Radian said 4-6 week lead time to get direct from them & if Brownell's didn't have (they don't), probably none available in distribution.

So better price, shorter wait time.

Only worry is I called the gun store that showed it in stock on their website. Of course they don't physically have but "website is updated in real time with our distributors yada, yada, yada". Guy seemed sincere, but since it seems no one shows having a 16" in stock and nowhere near that price I'm thinking "if it sounds too good to be true....."

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CMV View Post
    Found a 16" (size I want) for $2050 shipped. Radian said 4-6 week lead time to get direct from them & if Brownell's didn't have (they don't), probably none available in distribution.

So better price, shorter wait time.

Only worry is I called the gun store that showed it in stock on their website. Of course they don't physically have but "website is updated in real time with our distributors yada, yada, yada". Guy seemed sincere, but since it seems no one shows having a 16" in stock and nowhere near that price I'm thinking "if it sounds too good to be true....."
    While you wait, if you haven’t checked out Garland Thumb on YouTube, you should. He has reviews on the Radian and some other boutique brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Radian has been the best of the ambi lowers ever since they came out a long time ago. I like KAC, but Radian just wins hands down for ambi. I don't think anyone else is a close second. I'm not sure how important that is for you. The trigger is very nice in them, and the barrels are SS and very accurate.
    LMT Mars lowers are the new standard I start all of my builds on now.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sveesix View Post
    LMT Mars lowers are the new standard I start all of my builds on now.
    That’s what I used last myself. Kept silent, as I don’t have experience with the other ambis. Would love to hear a comparison to the Radian.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    That’s what I used last myself. Kept silent, as I don’t have experience with the other ambis. Would love to hear a comparison to the Radian.
    I have heard that there have been QC issues lately with the MARS-L, with the buffer retaining pin hole being out of position.

I prefer the AX556 to the MARS-H I have, as I still prefer the combination left side magazine release and bolt lock, along with the left side magazine release bring rather difficult to actuate on the MARS-H, not sure how different the MAR-L is.

The MVB Industries ambi lower is quite interesting to me, but I haven't really heard any reviews on it.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I have heard that there have been QC issues lately with the MARS-L, with the buffer retaining pin hole being out of position.
    Out of position how? Off center, too shallow?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hlb14 View Post
    Out of position how? Off center, too shallow?
    I think the move may have temporarily caused some qc issues with LMT. Done one on the other site posted pics of a defender lower without the bolt catch holes drilled at all

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123