Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I want to Gucci it up a bit

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I want one of their lowers.
    Radian lowers go out of stock pretty quick. I put in a back order through Brownells a while ago, and recently just got it. I'm not familiar with ADM, but I can see why the Radian ambi features are well liked.

The right handed bolt hold open using the mag release is a very nice touch. The lower is also comes partially complete with nice parts like the bolt release, Talon safety, enhanced take down pins. It's also really well machined, and comes nicely cerakoted. There are also nice touches like the bolt release, and the rear take down detent being held in by hex screws.

The only downside is that they may be hard to source, and it is slightly heavier than a standard forged lower.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just want to collect guns Cerakote & build them as a hobby so ARs & 1911s just kind of accumulated over time. Shooting, gun stuff in general is where my free time & fun money mostly goes. Am far from poor....will drop big $ on something if I feel the value is there. But at same time want to feel like money was spent wisely, got a good deal.
    Last edited by CMV; 06-21-19 at 07:02. Reason: shorten babble....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R.O.U.S. View Post
    Radian lowers go out of stock pretty quick. I put in a back order through Brownells a while ago, and recently just got it. I'm not familiar with ADM, but I can see why the Radian ambi features are well liked.

The right handed bolt hold open using the mag release is a very nice touch. The lower is also comes partially complete with nice parts like the bolt release, Talon safety, enhanced take down pins. It's also really well machined, and comes nicely cerakoted. There are also nice touches like the bolt release, and the rear take down detent being held in by hex screws.

The only downside is that they may be hard to source, and it is slightly heavier than a standard forged lower.
    See....that's why I started this thread. No idea I could just buy their lower. That's definitely an option. As a "stamp collector" I'm accustomed to waiting on stuff . Brownell's back order best option or should I ask my local FFL to start scrounging? He's pretty good at digging up stuff - Sig Legion & CZ Scorpion when they were like hen's teeth, he rooted around & came up with them quick at fair prices.... never had him look for something "obscure" though.....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Do the searching yourself. That's part of the fun! You can buy direct from Radian, but Brownell's would be the faster option. I doubt the secondary market is going to bring better prices on the Radian lower than you would find with Brownell's.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, good luck with that. IME, the only way to do something like that is to cut corners on quality. So, even if you made sure to make all of the critical parts of the build premium enough to be called "Gucci", the rest of the parts would have to be so cheap (and crappy) to hold a ~1300$ price point (and without optics). Hell, between the barrel (including gas block and muzzle device), trigger and rail, I'm already north of a grand for a top shelf build.

Quote Originally Posted by CMV View Post
    Yeah....want a Gucci rifle but really want it on a BCM or DD budget

Feedback Score
    I'll dial back a bit. I actually thought you were wanting a high-end precision gun rather than a high-end duty type carbine in which case $2000+ is fairly easy to eclipse (without optics).

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    Yeah, good luck with that. IME, the only way to do something like that is to cut corners on quality. So, even if you made sure to make all of the critical parts of the build premium enough to be called "Gucci", the rest of the parts would have to be so cheap (and crappy) to hold a ~1300$ price point (and without optics). Hell, between the barrel (including gas block and muzzle device), trigger and rail, I'm already north of a grand for a top shelf build.
    I don't expect it to happen, just would like it to work out that way.

I got my expectations out of whack initially. Radian website was showing a sale price of $2200 last week. I thought I would get 15% military/leo discount off that once I sent them documentation making it $1875 which is DD M4V7 neighborhood. Didn't realize that was a sale price or that 15% doesn't apply to sale prices.... Not a big deal - $300 some difference - but I liked the idea of $1875 for the Radian.....

Feedback Score
    Totally get it. Again, good luck in your search. Let us know how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by CMV View Post
    I don't expect it to happen, just would like it to work out that way.

I got my expectations out of whack initially. Radian website was showing a sale price of $2200 last week. I thought I would get 15% military/leo discount off that once I sent them documentation making it $1875 which is DD M4V7 neighborhood. Didn't realize that was a sale price or that 15% doesn't apply to sale prices.... Not a big deal - $300 some difference - but I liked the idea of $1875 for the Radian.....

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Radian said they are ramping up lower production.

You can get their stripped uppers at AR15safespace at a great price. Build it all out for under $2k.

Feedback Score
    Not very Gucci, but if you want to try out some ambi functionality for relatively cheap check out a Boonie Packer Redi-Catch. It gives you the ability to lock the bolt back by pressing the mag release like a Radian. I installed them on all my rifles. You don’t have the bolt release but I don’t find that nearly as useful. I used to have Magpul BAD levers but realized I never used them to release the bolt, just hold it open.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast