Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA membership Risky...

Feedback Score

NRA membership Risky...

I don't know how many of you have heard about it but a town on Oregon recently sued and won asking that all concealed carry license holders names be exposed in the local paper.

I have held off from an NRA membership for just this reason. Could someone sue in Federal court to have NRA members names disclosed to some agency just so they could find out probable gun owners private information?

I would love to join and give my support. Especially because they are the biggest private entity that can fight for our rights.

Is there any real risk of this happening?

Feedback Score
    With all due respect, I'd join regardless. Being a Life Member already, it's a moot point for me. I reckon there would be many ways to ID the gun owners besides NRA membership anyway. It's too early to withdraw from the fight. Join up!

Feedback Score
    I'm leaning that way...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm sure if someone wanted to target you and track you down, there are smart enough people out there to figure out where your making posts from and it would be reasonable to assume if you are here you might own a gun.

Hard to be under the radar in today's society when it comes to anything.

Feedback Score
    I agree...but who wants to be pestered or put on a watch list. I guess one thing I'm really worried about is credit card tracking. I know that they could get the info in a dishonest manner if they wanted. I don't want to be part of some major anti-gun push in the Supreme Court.

Do you thing that there are a few non gun owners that belong to the NRA...maybe a few extreme left wing ding dongs too?
    Last edited by my65swede@yahoo.com; 11-11-08 at 16:50.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by my65swede@yahoo.com View Post
    I agree...but who wants to be pestered or put on a watch list. I guess one thing I'm really worried about is credit card tracking. I know that they could get the info in a dishonest manner if they wanted. I don't want to be part of some major anti-gun push in the Supreme Court.

Do you thing that there are a few non gun owners that belong to the NRA...maybe a few extreme left wing ding dongs too?
    Unless you've lived in a bubble the last 30 years, it will be hard to be "off the radar" or "off the list". I mean, unless you have not owed anyone, paid cash for everything, and not had a mailing address, it's hard to not be on someone's list somewhere.

Feedback Score

I have held off from an NRA membership for just this reason. Could someone sue in Federal court to have NRA members names disclosed to some agency just so they could find out probable gun owners private information?

I would love to join and give my support. Especially because they are the biggest private entity that can fight for our rights.

Is there any real risk of this happening?
    Yes, there is of course a risk.
    My advice to you would be to make a conscious decision whether to stand up and be counted as a defender of the Constitution, or seek a quiet, more comfortable life under the reign of the messiah and his ilk.
    If you research the history of the men who signed the Constitution, you will find that a great many, if not most of them, lost everything. Their fortunes, their families and quite often their lives were spent in the pursuit of the creation of that document and the guarantees that it promised to us, the future generations of Americans.

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Guess what? That's all it took! Damn it all and throw caution to the wind-I'll not go down with out a fight! APP IN HAND CHECK BOOK OUT...LICKING STAMP!

Feedback Score
    No, I wouldn't worry about it.

Last month a local weekly paper published the names of every CCW-holder in the county. They got the information from the Sheriff's Dept. using a "Freedom of Information" inquiry.

There's no FoI act that applies to the NRA. The NRA is private association, not a gov't agency.

On the other hand, there's a lot of talk about whether the Bureau of All Things F@(&ed up is really deleting the names and information of anybody who goes through a background check in order to buy a gun (as they're supposed to do). If you've bought a gun in the last 10-12 years (or even initiated the process), then there's probably already a gov't record of it.

Privacy is an illusion. Get over it.

Feedback Score
    It doesn't matter, NRA members don't have access to the membership rolls.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast