Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hydraulic recoil buffers

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    So its well worth it over just emptying the weights out of a carbine buffer with adjustable gas? You prefer Crosshair over Enidine?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Not for me it isn't. I've been building and shooting space guns for over 20 years and it's always been about reducing mass and gas.

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    So its well worth it over just emptying the weights out of a carbine buffer with adjustable gas? You prefer Crosshair over Enidine?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It'd be interesting to shoot two rifles side by side, identical except one is A5 equipped and one with hydraulic buffer, see which one runs smoothest.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    When they fail, does it cause stoppages, or does it act like a regular H1 or whatever buffer?

Edit: I mean in a semi only gun.
    On mine, it was 'catastrophic failure' - the shaft broke and the 'head' came off, jamming inside the receiver extension, and stopping the gun. I had to separate the upper and lower to get it out and replace it with a regular buffer. If you use a hydraulic buffer, I'd recommend carrying a spare standard one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does Kyle Lamb still endorse the Kynshot buffer?
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    For those that are curious about low mass buffers for gamer guns:

I ordered 3 aluminum buffer weights from KAK to put in an A5 buffer. They were 1.3mm short in a stack compared to the ones in the A5H2 that I was modifying. Also, one had a nub, so I drilled through that particular weight with a drill press using a 1/4 inch bit, chamfered and deburred it. I made up the 1.3mm using some tediously trimmed plastic from a 500ct QTip box, so that the spring preload would not change.

Assembled weight with one A5 steel weight (the one that has the spring recessed in it) one hollow aluminum weight, and two other aluminum weights plus the plastic shim is 2.4 oz.

I have not yet finished assembling a rifle with said hood-rat gamer buffer, so there is more work before I can give any sort of impression.

It will eventually be used with a 18” rifle length gas Faxon Gunner barrel that another member graciously donated, a low mass bolt carrier, Sprinco Green, VG6 Gamma I bought on a flash sale, and whatever gas port Clint figures out after I contact him about this project.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    A solution to a problem that doesn't exist

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saywhen11 View Post
    A solution to a problem that doesn't exist
    Not if you're educated as to what their value and limits are on the platform.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12