I often move my LPVOs around from carbine to carbine, mostly in search of what I like best, where. When I mount an LPVO (ADM, Larue or Geissele) I use a plumb bob to get the reticle straight.

Once I start moving the optic and mount around to different uppers I will notice a slight reticle cant. It’s often so slight I won’t notice it on 1x. In fact, I’ve completed a Kyle Defoor carbine class only to notice a noticeable reticle cant when I come home and do maintenance. Didn’t seem to hinder me out to 200yd on a B-8 during the weekend.

I feel as if I am tightening the mounts to uppers in a repeatable way and as per manufacturers instructions. Whichever original upper I used to plumb bob align the reticle appears very straight. All other uppers show a slight variance in reticle cant. I am able to hit B/C steel to 500yd no issues. 600yd gets sketch but that’s my skill limitation and usually a slight wind that gets me.

Does anyone else experience this?

Seems to me, at 1x it won’t matter much due to using the center of the reticle w/ illumination/dot.

I probably subconsciously level the reticle when I am in prone or resting on a bag to shoot further.