So apparently, Russian civilians can own semi-auto AK's now. Perhaps it's been that way for a while but I'm just now learning of this and think it's great for them. Found tons of videos of Russian civilians running various semi-auto AK's at both formal gun ranges and non formal ones. One video that was in English mentioned no limits on barrel length but the rifles can't be fired with the stocks folded though the stocks fold anyway. None of these are modified either, basically factory production semi-auto AK 100 series types and now apparently the AK 12/15's will be available for civilians soon. One thing interesting was the number of 223 caliber AK's they have which seemed to be very popular. However they can also own semi-auto AK's in 5.45 and 7.62x39. I figured they just could own shotguns or bolt guns for hunting but I guess that's all changed. I also saw some Saiga Vityaz 9mm's which one video mentioned are popular for home defense, SVD's in 308 being used for hunting, literally tons of videos out there with Russian civilians running their semi auto AK's. I just thought it was really cool. You can do a youtube search under "Сайга MK 223" or "Сайга MK 5.45" etc. They can start with smoothbore weapons then after five years can own standard weapons buying up to five at a time with a license with restrictions on criminals etc.

Article from the TFB about the new AK-12's and AK-15's soon being made for their civilians.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ed-saiga-ak12/

Video with a Russian firearms owner comparing his 223 AK to his 5.45 AK.

Just thought this was neat as the best deterrent to an invasion is a well armed population.

RR77