Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else bothered by std Glock trigger safety while shooting?

Feedback Score
    No, never been a problem for me.
    I never heard of this as being a problem.
    Also Glock knuckle until I read about that on the gun forums.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OttoLoader View Post
    No, never been a problem for me.
    I never heard of this as being a problem.
    Also Glock knuckle until I read about that on the gun forums.
    My right hand the middle finger has a lump of built up calloused flesh that I expect is never going away. Also in the winter that joint experiences pain when it bends. I can best describe it as probably an arthritic pain.

It’s a real thing.

Feedback Score
    I do notice some trigger discomfort with Glocks, but I really notice it on the CZ P-10c...

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    I do notice some trigger discomfort with Glocks, but I really notice it on the CZ P-10c...
    Being new to Glocks with the Gen 5, the trigger safety hurts. I have swapped to the APEX trigger with much more comfort.

I recently used the Overwatch POLY DAT in my 48 and 21. Love it in the 48, not so much in the 21. About HALF the price of an APEX.
    Complete Poly DAT shoe and trigger bar are less than the APEX shoe.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    You are in Alaska, aren't your fingers numb? So, how could you feel it?

I've shot Glocks since they first came into use by LE and to be honest I never was much bothered by the trigger safety bar until my fingers started getting beat up by other stuff. Before that I noticed it, but, meh.

I don't know what is going on, last night after 300 rounds, my thumb was indented and sore enough from indexing the loader that I stopped loading. That has never happened before.
    Yer' gettin' soft old man..LOL.. I have pretty tough finger tips from a variety of things. Maybe when I quit trying to pick up hot things without my welding gloves maybe my finger tips will soften up.

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    My right hand the middle finger has a lump of built up calloused flesh that I expect is never going away. Also in the winter that joint experiences pain when it bends. I can best describe it as probably an arthritic pain.

It’s a real thing.
    I have the callous, I don't have the joint pain (yet). I also have a callous on the top of my trigger finger where it rubs on the frame.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Yer' gettin' soft old man..LOL.. I have pretty tough finger tips from a variety of things. Maybe when I quit trying to pick up hot things without my welding gloves maybe my finger tips will soften up.

I have the callous, I don't have the joint pain (yet). I also have a callous on the top of my trigger finger where it rubs on the frame.
    Well. I’ve given you something to look forward to. Seriously the undercut works wonders for me. I wish I’d known it 25 years ago.

Feedback Score
    I dealt with Glock knuckle and finger tip rub for years until I learned it was Glock-specific and had a name.

Never liked the hump or square grip or grip angle either. Tried other guns and realized I didnt have to put up with any of it to have a reliable pistol.

I did undercut it and put Talon rubberized grips on it. The undercut made my fingers fit better in the grooves, the grip added gripiness.

I have one Glock left and don't fire it much. (G19 gen 3 I've had about 15 yrs)
    Last edited by Ron3; 06-29-19 at 06:23.

Feedback Score
    Out of a handful of gen 2, the first 2.5 wave 26, and a couple of gen 5 the Glock trigger safety have never been noticeable to me.

Not most others I have tried.

I have not tried a 2.0 M&P, but I hated the articulation of some I tried when they were new.

On the other hand, I got an APX the day they came out, and it stuck so firm and far out on full squeeze I did hone it down.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    I know the Glock knuckle is real thing for alot of people.
    I never had the problem so was surprised that so many have .
    The way I hold the grip is barrel inline with wrist and elbow. The trigger guard finger on the bottom of trigger guard even and parallel so no trigger guard "corner" dig into finger. Knuckle is clear of the guard. My knuckle is not very wide relative to the finger.
    I notice the Glock trigger guard is very wide and thick so this could be a problem for many.

The safety blade did not bother me.
    I use alot of trigger finger so the pad and tip is not in contact. Maybe that is the reason.
    Last edited by OttoLoader; 06-29-19 at 17:40.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Every body looks for these reasons to gig Glocks yet it all boils down to petty little crap.

Like.....do you actually shoot your guns?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast