G&R Tactical

Thread: Mossberg shockwave...practical uses.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Mossberg shockwave...practical uses.

Well finally bought one of those things. Brownell‘s had them for $265 so I really couldn’t justify not buying it . I am at least going to try to avoid buying a brace for it because I already home some 18 inch 870s I don’t really think a 14 inch barrel gun with an awkwardly placed safety is an improvement .

Of course I bought it for fun but once I am wondering if there was anything you can do with it other than waste ammo. I do live on a fairly large chunk of property and I have some fairly interesting critters. I am thinking this Maasberg with a Crimson trace laser saddle might be a handy gun for dispatching creatures at night.

It would be nice if they would put out an even shorter model with maybe an 11 inch barrel. It was a little bit shorter it might be a decent gun for caring in your truck for repelling borders when mad Max family becomes a reality.

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Well finally bought one of those things. Brownell‘s had them for $265 so I really couldn’t justify not buying it . I am at least going to try to avoid buying a brace for it because I already home some 18 inch 870s I don’t really think a 14 inch barrel gun with an awkwardly placed safety is an improvement .

Of course I bought it for fun but once I am wondering if there was anything you can do with it other than waste ammo. I do live on a fairly large chunk of property and I have some fairly interesting critters. I am thinking this Maasberg with a Crimson trace laser saddle might be a handy gun for dispatching creatures at night.

It would be nice if they would put out an even shorter model with maybe an 11 inch barrel. It was a little bit shorter it might be a decent gun for caring in your truck for repelling borders when mad Max family becomes a reality.
    I've been thinking about getting one forever but like you I don't know what I would use it for. I would put a GG&G scope rail on it mounted backwards and chop the rail just forward of the safety with a Streamlight laser/light combo mounted as far back as possible. I would never shoot it from anything higher than a low ready position.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Rem Tac-14. I put a Mesa grip adapter and a pistol tube on it - no brace. It is a hoot to shoot. That gives me enough reason to own it,
    "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

“You are responsible for your actions, but the world doesn’t turn around you, so it’s important that you find something bigger than yourself to work for, a way for you to make a difference.” - Drew Dix, MOH VN '68

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Already traded it on a used USP. Just terrible. I probably should have bought a stock but I just decided to keep to my old 870s.
    Guns

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Wow, that's faster than some people change underwear.

Never gave them a second thought, but the V3 TAC-13...that's got possibilities.
    E pluribus unum

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    ... I just decided to keep to my old 870s.
    That’s where I’m at. I bought a couple 870P’s before I retired, added +2 Scattergun Technologies mag extensions and I’m good to go for home protection. (I’ve got other Riot Guns but I’m most comfortable with my 870P’s.)

I have no use for any Short Barrel Shotguns, I’m just more effective with 18.5” Remingtons.
    Last edited by ThirdWatcher; 07-12-19 at 03:49. Reason: Spellling

Feedback Score
    Yeah, never found a practical use for mine, other than letting other people, who are thinking about getting one, shoot it and realize they suck. But on the upside, I paid way more for mine than you did and I put it on a Federal tax stamp (AOW), so I had to wait a long time to get it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    wow... need to rethink on this Mossberg then...How's about the Remington TAC-14?