Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg shockwave...practical uses.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When the Shockwave came out, my friends ran to the gun show to buy one. They figured out quick that they are just toys. I lump them in with the Judge type pistols.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    When the Shockwave came out, my friends ran to the gun show to buy one. They figured out quick that they are just toys. I lump them in with the Judge type pistols.
    They should sale them as matched set, perhaps in a rainbow finish. The difference between men and boys...
    Last edited by Pi3; 10-24-19 at 22:00.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Shot one and the horrible ergonomics turned me off of any interest.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    They should sale them as matched set, perhaps in a rainbow finish. The difference between men and boys...
    Hilarious!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have witnessed some that shoot these pretty damn well with the raptor grip, I am not one of those. If they have a brace on them they are useable, however the mossberg version has its safety in a shitty place for a brace. The tac 14 is much better for using a pistol brace. I will also say that no matter which one you go with they need some kind of larger front sight if you actually want to aim it.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Great boat gun, fits in small hatches well. In a good scabbard you can keep bird and buck handy for boat ramp snakes, no legged and 2 legged. A big dot tritium sight works nice in low light. Also a great option for Alabama gator season considering the firearm rules for gator dispatch (gator must be securely restrained to the boat prior to dispatch using a bangstick chambered in .357 or larger or shotguns using #4 shot or smaller) had to kill one unruly 10 footer with it, normally just use a knife. Bang sticks are notoriously unreliable and a ricochet danger.

Feedback Score
    I enjoy my shockwave. Shooting it is a real blast.

Feedback Score
    Bought the Shockwave in 12 ga. for bear and wolf problems. It sure is easier to carry than my old 500 and an absolute blast to shoot.
    Last edited by Marlin Mike; 10-27-19 at 05:41. Reason: update

Feedback Score
    I have picked up a Tac14 12ga and also a Shockwave in 20ga. They are both a blast to shoot. I like them a lot over the older pistol grip style shotguns, which seemed to twist your wrist all up. The birds head grip puts the recoil straight back into your forearm and doesn't cause that extreme flip of the older pistil grip shotguns. I really like them and put almost a hundred rounds thru the Tac14 the first day, a real pleasure to shoot, it was a mix of some bird shot (6s and 7 1/2s) to start and then a bunch of OO buck and slugs. Have been looking at the newer Remington Tac13 V3, waiting for the price to come down.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think if you rely on these for self protection, you'll get killed.

Against multiple Home invaders I'd actually prefer my six inch .357.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast