Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mossberg shockwave...practical uses.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I have a Rem Tac-14. I put a Mesa grip adapter and a pistol tube on it - no brace. It is a hoot to shoot. That gives me enough reason to own it,
    Personally, more interested in the V3/13. It's a big $ differences from the 14, but with an RDS that's a potent combo. Perhaps more ammo sensitive?

Last edited by WillBrink; 11-14-19 at 14:37.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    The V3/13 looks like it fits the role of tight quarters defense pretty well. Quick follow up shots with no need to cycle the action (like the Shockwave) is appealing. The weak link would be if it's a finicky eater when it comes to ammo. Instead of working a pump action you'd be clearing malfunctions if it doesn't agree with the ammo. The cost is certainly up there as well.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Personally, more interested in the V3/13. It's a big $ differences from the 14, but with an RDS that's a potent combo. Perhaps more ammo sensitive?

That's what I said at the beginning of this thread.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    The Versa Port gas system, which Remington introduced with the VersaMax, generally gets good reviews for it ability to adapt to different powered loads:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...rt-gas-system/ (about @:20 in the video)

The V3 which the Tac13 is born of, is different from the VersaMax primarily that the receiver is built for 3inch shells instead of 3.5 inch Magnums.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wish they would fix the site so it didn't double as much as it does.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    ...if you can hit the target. If this is your primay HD tool, I don't want to live next door.

One good thing about shotguns is you can use #1 or #4 buckshot and if any miss they wont penetrate walls and neighbors' houses near as much as a missed 9mm bullet.

Feedback Score
    Living in the country on acreage, I bought the 20 gauge Tac14 to carry with me on the riding mower for snake and vermin response. The damn water Moccs will chase the mower when I'm down near the creek. Rides much better in the scabbard and quicker to get into action.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345