Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Accurate Bulk 5.56??

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    There are several accurate 55 gr FMJ loads available, but they are .223 Rem pressure.
    Black Hills makes a 55 gr load that shoots well.

Feedback Score
    I have a plain-jane BCM lightweight with a 2-8x32 scope on it — NOT a precision rifle.

PMP (South African) was surprisingly good, shooting ≈2" groups @ 100yds. ... It was not only better than the other "ball" ammo like PPU and Wolf, but better than some Black Hills "match" and Hornady TAP.

PPU: 3-5/8"
    BHA: >3"
    BHA: 4-1/4"
    Wolf: ??? (4/5 = 1-3/8")
    TAP: 2-3/4"
    TAP: 3-3/4"
    PMP: 1-7/8"
    PMP: 2"
    PMP: 2-1/4"
    Norma: < 1-1/2"

So, if I could find more PMP at a good price, then I would jump on it.
    Last edited by Bimmer; 06-24-19 at 03:48.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    There are several accurate 55 gr FMJ loads available, but they are .223 Rem pressure.
    I’m kind of a noob to be honest....is the IMI stuff effective on man size targets out to 300 yards, or is every bulk M193 just too inaccurate?

Would it be possible to make my own match-quality 5.56 pressure 55gr ammo? I haven’t done any kind of reloading myself, and I don’t know what it takes to do annealing/crimping/sealing for long term storage, but it’s been at the back of my mind as an option. I just really don’t want to lose my zero.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kestrel452 View Post
    ...is the IMI stuff effective on man size targets out to 300 yards, or is every bulk M193 just too inaccurate?
    Sure, even 3-4moa is good enough for that.

Would it be possible to make my own match-quality 5.56 pressure 55gr ammo?
    Yep! It just takes time and money!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There isn't a whole lot you're apt to buy that won't hold on a B/C target or E silhouette to 300 yards. 300 yards isn't far at all.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Lots of those 55 FMJs and JSPs to 600 yards, and they fly well.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ve had really good luck with the IMI 77g razorcore, it’s a bit more than 55g stuff but you can get it in bulk for a good price

Feedback Score
    SHTF ammo who cares 3 MOA is good enough it just needs to go bang reliably I keep 1800 rounds of some old Wolf ammo around for that. I think I paid $89 a 1000rounds for it more than a couple years ago but for SHTF ammo it's there in the ammo cans with desiccant ready to go.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Looking to replace my go-to for SHTF stacking since MEN has permanently dried up.... Kind of want to stick with 55gr M193, but could be persuaded out of it.

What is the consensus on what brand offers the most accurate/highest quality bulk 5.56 ammo? My own research points towards IMI, which supposedly even beats out MEN according to a few different users who've shot both extensively. One option I've also seen is Magtech's 62gr without the steel penetrator, but I'd rather stick with something I know is in high demand and will be available to purchase for a long time to come.

Thank you in advance for any insight.
    Ive tried everything you posted plus federal xm193 and pmc xtac xp193.
    They all perform great for mil spec ammo.

With that said, ive switched over to magtech 62gr because its a little better out of my guns. Ymmv

Youll be fine with any of these.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've found Federal XM193 to be *sufficiently* accurate that when coupled with the ease of frequently getting it more cheaply than other options, I tend to keep most of my "go to" mags loaded with it.
    Although I will say my impression is that IMI and Privi Partizan M193 do both tend to be *slightly* more accurate than the Federal.

Another M193 load I found to exhibit pretty decent accuracy (By M193 standards if course) is Hornady Frontier. I only fired 150 rounds of it, but was satisfied enough with it that I was going to buy more. Then I heard chatter about it blowing guns up though, and didn't bother. This was last year and presumably whatever issue was going on was a short-term QC problem that Hornady has surely gotten under control by now....one would hope.

Feedback Score
    Might try the Black Hills Blue box?
    cheaper beacuse they use once fired brass
    Other than that I find it highly accurate

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast