Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMT MWS Showing Promise

Feedback Score

LMT MWS Showing Promise

Between my work schedule and the weather, I haven’t had a chance until today to shoot it at any distance over 200yards since I replaced my 16” cl barrel with an 18” SS. I was finally able to get out to Gunsite Hills today for a couple hours to stretch its legs a little. The owner was kind enough to open the range but only gave me a couple hours to shoot due to storms moving in. In the pinch for time I cheated a little and shot 3 shot groups at the 600, 689, and 700 yard targets. The gun held sub moa out to 700 yards. I got lucky on this one because it shoots Magtech 168 grain ammo well. I’ll update this with 5 round groups next time I go out.
    261E43CE-46AD-44FE-B2F8-B8DA0A933208.jpg E2A8C530-3114-4300-9E9A-6D995A662808.jpgF33BB2F2-2F36-4CD9-9E7A-D2C8B3CD3C23.jpg

I forgot to bring a tape measure so I used the spray can cap as a reference. The diameter of the cap is 2.5”. The BallisticX app is easy to use. Worth the $7.99 imo.
    Last edited by Jsp10477; 06-23-19 at 00:40.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Nice….the MWS really starts to shine past 600yds I've found over other similar rifles.

That range is awesome as well.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have a MWS with a 20" 6.5 cm barrel and it shoots sub moa all day long. I just got the .243 win barrel for it, and I need to get some more .243 for it.
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JHP's are good times, for bad people.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    This gun is a proven shooter. Glad you got to stretch out your legs. I have one in 6.5 and 308, all is good.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    These are intriguing. Especially in the 6.5 offering

Feedback Score
    I’m happy with it. I was able to get it out to 600 yards at a private range last week with equal results. Now it’s time to get better as a shooter. Those matches at the Arena that Jack Leuba and Ash Hess put on look fun. Hope to pick up one for each of my boys before election craziness starts next year.
    Last edited by Jsp10477; 07-26-19 at 22:00.

Feedback Score
    Looking good. I need a 6.5 barrel for mine. Furthest I have been is 530 yds at a non local rifle range. Worth the trip for me IMO.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I would love to have one of these to go with my LMT MRP, I just find that I haven’t enjoyed shooting the big frame ARs much. Maybe I just haven’t been shooting the right ones. Hard decision to make is should I go LMT or KAC?

I like the LMT due to the barrel change factor and different calibers, specifically 6.5 CM whereas the KAC is only .308.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    I love my LMT MWS in 308. The kick on it is something I tweaked with a BABC muzzle break and Slashes heavy buffer. A 22inch 6/6.5CM with an adjustable gas block would be sweeeet.

The issue I have with it is what do I have it for? Yes, a 762 AR has umpff that 556 can only dream of. But that is pretty much having it to have it. Don't hunt with it, don't compete with it, don't CCW it- so it is just a nice to have rifle. And it is nice to have, I just keep looking at it like a downpayment on an AI rifle for PRS.

I think if I reloaded I'd use it for AR matches, but at 2x the cost of M193, it kind of takes the fun out of running and gunning with it- though I do like the lack of ambiguity when you hit steel...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I love my LMT MWS in 308. The kick on it is something I tweaked with a BABC muzzle break and Slashes heavy buffer. A 22inch 6/6.5CM with an adjustable gas block would be sweeeet.

The issue I have with it is what do I have it for? Yes, a 762 AR has umpff that 556 can only dream of. But that is pretty much having it to have it. Don't hunt with it, don't compete with it, don't CCW it- so it is just a nice to have rifle. And it is nice to have, I just keep looking at it like a downpayment on an AI rifle for PRS.

I think if I reloaded I'd use it for AR matches, but at 2x the cost of M193, it kind of takes the fun out of running and gunning with it- though I do like the lack of ambiguity when you hit steel...
    Some things are nice to have just because you can. First world problems...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast