Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
Turkish made will never be better than, nor the equal to German made. If you want a MKE, buy the MKE. But don’t for a moment consider it the equal of a German MP5.

The MKE has a paddle mag release and threaded/3-lug barrel. I wish HK had done the same. But I will still choose HK over MKE, POF, or any other. There are myriad reports of QC issues from both MKE and POF. The 3-lugs are also not timed. I would prefer to spend the extra cash and own the HK.

It’s not brand snobbery. I shoot my MP5s frequently and don’t baby them.
I don't buy most of the hysteria around the latest Zenith imports. It's the same few people shit posting on multiple forums, honestly some are really disingenuous guys. I own two and they are 100%, I'm totally satisfied with them. In the unusual event you have a problem, Zenith is extremely responsive and stands behind their work. Also, my three lug is timed perfectly fine.

I own an SP5K and as you say it's better. Fit and finish is noticeably better. It's a good value if you like the stock configuration, particularly with the ambi lower. Most newbies are shocked to learn they have to spend $500 to get the classic pictogram lower for their Zenith.

However, I really prefer the full size configuration. It's the most versatile and the best shooting of them all. H&K doesn't currently offer one, and HK94 prices have gone absolutely insane. I have a Zenith Z5RS and I'm very happy with it. The fit and finish are not as nice as the SP5k but it's been every bit as functional for me.

The real problem with the SP5K is that when you do it right, as you noted you will have an heirloom quality gun. But you've spent close to $4,000, which is way too much money for someone new to a platform.