Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen 5 Glock 17 accuracy issues with 147 grains

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    “maybe just a bad manufacturing lot. Have you tested the same ammo (both 124 and 147) out of other 9mm?”

Plan on that tomorrow.
    Do you have a chronograph? Might want to see if there is marked differences in velocity.

Darren Newsom, ACI, knows how to make ammo. I've shoot thousands of his rounds and probably watched over a million being shot by our students. I doubt it is the ammo, but give ACI a call (406) 777-1222. The reality is that no manufacturer is perfect. I'm sure he'll make it right if there is a problem.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 06-23-19 at 23:20.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'm curious to see what the results are out of a different gun and the 17 with different 147gr. It's pretty common for different brands in the same weight to have slightly different POI, but not to that degree. I'd be pretty confident that it's just the ammo. I pretty much only run 147gr Speer Lawman out of my Glocks because it's been the most consistent. 115gr loads printed differently when I shot them (Lawman again). Incidentally, I just picked up a Gen 5 17 that I haven't shot yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    I’m going to try to pick up some different 147s tomorrow and try those.
    This is exactly what you need to do. Use a known good quality 124gr factory load as a control. If you have a friend with you, have him hand you the magazines when you shoot. I'd try three different 147gr loads at a minimum.

Feedback Score
    Just so it doesn’t get lost in this post, I contacted Armscor and explained to them what was going on and the rep agreed it was probably a bad lot of a ammo and they will take care of it. Could’ve been the first batch Monday morning or the last batch Friday afternoon....shit happens. I’ve had good luck with all the other ammo I have used from them.
    I’ll still post pictures of the targets and ammo used. Just in case anybody else wants to geek out and look at targets or make fun of my groups. either way here they are.
    All shooting was done from the 25yard line
    Glock 1 or #28 is mine
    Glock 2 or #26 is another gen 5 17

Glock 2 American Eagle 147 grain 10/10

Glock 2 Armscor 147

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glock 1 Armscor 147 2/10

Glock 1 American eagle 147 10/10

Glock 1 Speer gold dot 124gr 5/5

Glock 1 5/5
    Glock 2 5/5 blazer brass 124gr FMJ 10 rds total

Federal HST 147gr 10/10

I didn’t get a chance to run the gold dot through Glock 2 but here is 10 rounds of federal American eagle 147 and 7rds of federal hst 147

Feedback Score
    And yes there are only 8 rds on paper on the second pic 5/10 with 2 rds not on paper

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    You know you can put multiple photos in one post, right?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    You know you can put multiple photos in one post, right?
    Sorry. I didn’t know if that would make it get all cluttered. And I want to get my post count up LOL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12