Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few months with a Surefire Stiletto

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have given serious thought to opening it up and doing we wee bit of surgery with a pair of wire cutters. I never use the side button.
    I like the idea of the side button, in that it offers low and medium output constant options, but that could have been integrated into the tailcap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfame18 View Post
    My only gripe which isn’t the lights fault but having it in my back pocket I have noticed it turns on sometimes.
    That is very much the light’s fault. It was designed for pocket carry so, for me, the accidental activation issue is a fatal flaw. Makes me wonder if Surefire did much testing outside the lab prior to putting it out the door.

In my opinion, the side button should have a fence around it. An additional way to mitigate the accidental activation risk would be to require a double tap to activate a constant on mode in the side switch, or have a way to temporarily lockout the side switch, since it is for non-tactical utility use, anyway.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have given serious thought to opening it up and doing we wee bit of surgery with a pair of wire cutters. I never use the side button.
    Brer Serious posts the above, and am wondering if anyone else has attempted this yet.

A large batch of these has been distributed around me, and running around turning them off is becoming a bit of a hobby.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Been considering switching to the Stiletto from the Tactician. The light NDs I get from carrying it in the back pocket is getting tiresome and I've already cooked the leather in my car and burned a few pairs of pants. Not to mention launching out 800 lumens to unsuspecting patrons when out to eat. Anyone know which tailcaps I can use to replace the standard one? I'd like a "clicky" one.

What's keeping me from the Stiletto is how long the sealed in battery is going to last. They're only good for so many charge cycles. Much like a phone.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A simple fix would be to add a program in the driver with a lockout mode. Olight does it for a small single CR123 S1R Baton that I have. You hold the side button for about 2 seconds and it locks it out. To turn it on requires the same action. Simple. Will Surefire do it? Probably not.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I just can’t get myself to fall in love with the execution of it - I love flat design, but that’s about it. Should have been made bezel down (clip orientation), all aluminum (some reports of the aluminum head breaking away from the plastic body), lockouts and adjustable programming AND protected switches, and more of a directed beam rather than the spill that the Maxvision beam provides.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldesire View Post
    What's keeping me from the Stiletto is how long the sealed in battery is going to last. They're only good for so many charge cycles. Much like a phone.
    While I do like that Surefire now offers rechargeable options, it’s certainly the case that user replaceable rechargeables are even better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12