Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FSB cutout rails. Who makes them?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Get you a mini mill and make it yourself. You got baller money and a sugar momma so you can afford it.

https://www.grizzly.com/products/Gri...-Machine/G8689

And add the DRO
    https://www.grizzly.com/products/Gri...ni-Mill/T10895

Buy some 1.5" diameter aluminum pipe to practice on. Then when you do the whole rail, get it cerakote'd...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    If someone made an M-Lok FSB cutout rails, I would be all over that like white on rice.
    I'm very weary of MLOK after seeing a Bipod half ripped off of a chasis on Sunday. Granted there's probably a portion of user error involved, but the user shouldn't have to see that the stupid nut thingy clocked correctly.

After I beat the little pic rail back to flatness, I had to use a small screw driver to hold the nut so that it wouldn't over turn and pop out again.

I've only mounted a few MLOK things, but it doesn't seem to be a grunt proof system.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm very weary of MLOK after seeing a Bipod half ripped off of a chasis on Sunday. Granted there's probably a portion of user error involved, but the user shouldn't have to see that the stupid nut thingy clocked correctly.

After I beat the little pic rail back to flatness, I had to use a small screw driver to hold the nut so that it wouldn't over turn and pop out again.

I've only mounted a few MLOK things, but it doesn't seem to be a grunt proof system.
    I’m confused. Of the two (I assume) MLOK nuts holding the bipod to the handguard, one popped out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’m confused. Of the two (I assume) MLOK nuts holding the bipod to the handguard, one popped out?
    Yeah. So I was working on a stock swap and noticed the aluminum pic rail section peeling back from the bipod being loaded. The front fastener apparently didn't clock correctly the 90 degrees. It looked like it slightly engaged the slot.

I got it mounted the way I think it's supposed to be after pounding the rail section flat again.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I was in this exact position a few months back and really wanted to build a fsb 10.5 with a 1913 rail since I haven't had any 1913 rails in a few years. I have several with 13 and 15 inch mlok rails and even one with a kmr. I ended up with a BCM BFH 11.5, added a centurion c4 cut out carbine rail and love it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    Thanks everyone. I think I may just go with the Centurion one since it gives me nearly everything I want. If someone made an M-Lok FSB cutout rails, I would be all over that like white on rice.
    With as much crap available for the AR platform, it's kinda strange something like what you want doesn't exist.
    Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in.-Andrew Jackson
    كافر

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xbox and ARs View Post
    With as much crap available for the AR platform, it's kinda strange something like what you want doesn't exist.
    There's not a huge market for non FF, drop in rails because the FSB guns have gone the way of the dodo bird. Current trend is to have the longest FF tube that will physically fit your carbine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe7757 View Post
    I was in this exact position a few months back and really wanted to build a fsb 10.5 with a 1913 rail since I haven't had any 1913 rails in a few years.
    I got scared when I heard DD was producing RIS IIs again. If they had run the MK18 FSP version, I'd be out $440. I'm happy with the good old KAC RAS, but the Mk18 FSB is my dream rail.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Just waiting on the new BCM Gen 2 upper receivers to drop so I can install the Sionics 11.5" inch, .067" gas port barrel. I would be really surprised if they don't start shipping sometime within the next four weeks. I always like to have one upper that has a forged FSB.

Last edited by Biggy; 06-28-19 at 13:42.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post

Sorry for the side track but I'm curious what muzzle device that is. I don't believe I've seen that one before...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast