Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Name Something You Grew Up With That Is Gone & Not Coming Back

Feedback Score

Name Something You Grew Up With That Is Gone & Not Coming Back

I'd have to pick mall video arcades. In high school and the first year or two of college that was THE hangout until we were 21 and could go to bars. I met new friends and chicks there. It was "home base" for us to start our day and figure out what we were going to do. I think the last one in this area closed about 1992 or 1993.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Personal accountability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    Personal accountability.
    LOL. And Civility if you're going there.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My maternal Grandma and Grandpa. I’m where I am today in my career because of my “Papa.”

They were both a huge part of my upbringing. I was lucky to have them into my mid to late 30s. Not a day goes by that I don’t think of and miss them both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I thought of one that's probably going to piss some people off. I remember a time before people started putting bass-booming speakers into their cars. A person could actually be in the back yard as traffic passed and you could not hear even ONE car radio or stereo as traffic went by. I wish those days could return.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Hard work and proper treatment by an employer for it. And a general sense of wanting to do a good job by employees.

A good truck for a reasonable price.

Craftsmanship, timeliness, and completion of the job by people hired to fix stuff or perform maintenance.

Insensitivity and a general lack of professional victims. They certainly existed, but we are on a different curve today.

My youth and hair.

Louisiana liquor laws now that I live in the east.

My family.

Don’t miss:

The outright hatred I got when I brought a selfloading rifle to the range. I was once asked to slow my fire or leave because a woman on the range complained that she was pregnant and my HK91 was loud.

The amount of religion that was shoved down my throat.

Trucks without AC.

AWB.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I thought of one that's probably going to piss some people off. I remember a time before people started putting bass-booming speakers into their cars. A person could actually be in the back yard as traffic passed and you could not hear even ONE car radio or stereo as traffic went by. I wish those days could return.
    Ugh. I don’t want to hear your stupid effing music. If I did I would go to a concert.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    America

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    America
    Dude, I started to type that in my first response, but backspaced for more specificity because I figured I was being a half drunk douche. I’d put a like on this if it was a thing here.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A time when super fat kids werent so super common. I swear people are prouder of their little porkers than theyve ever been too.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast