Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A2 FH installation question

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

A2 FH installation question

In attaching one, it is snug at about 0100 with a new crush washer...I tried three different A2's, they're all in about the same place. How far can I realistically turn the FH w/o risking sheering the BE pin or damaging the barrel. Never run into this issue before.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Crank it around. Plenty of crush in a washer. What fixture/jig are you using with your vice?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Snug as in hand tight or snug as in you are wrenching on it? Crush washers should allow you to turn it the rest of the way from 1:00 to 12:00 and keep the ft pounds around 20ish.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stank; 06-24-19 at 16:25.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    With a wrench

Quote Originally Posted by stank View Post
    Snug as in hand tight or snug as in you are wrenching on it? Crush washers should allow you to turn it the rest of the way from 1:00 to 12:00 and keep the ft pounds around 20ish.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Crank it around. Plenty of crush in a washer. What fixture/jig are you using with your vice?
    G Reaction Rod

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    G Reaction Rod
    I believe up to 420 degrees is what the manual calls for. But I use a MI URR, which prevents the extension from rotating within the receiver.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I believe up to 420 degrees is what the manual calls for. But I use a MI URR, which prevents the extension from rotating within the receiver.
    Boy, IDK if I can exert that much force w/o something bad happening...I got it to about 0300 and thought I was gonna break something. I'll look at it again though.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like your wrenching on pretty good. It's possible your crush washer is bad. Good news is they are cheap. Set a torque wrench to 30 ft lbs and turn on it and if it clicks before device moves then you definitely have a problem.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    Boy, IDK if I can exert that much force w/o something bad happening...I got it to about 0300 and thought I was gonna break something. I'll look at it again though.
    Stop. Hold there. Proceed as Stank advises.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've had some crap crush washers that were too hard. I'd get another one or a shim kit.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast