Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A2 FH installation question

Feedback Score
    Oh, I didn't see this. If it were me, I'd degrease everything and use a little Rocksett with the PA shims. Pick a shim that get's it just past snug with a wrench.

Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    I have some shims, so I may go this route and torque it to 30 lbs

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I did one over the weekend that lined up, hand tight, just past 12 and required almost a full revoultion to time it correctly. I used the reaction rod, Hammerhead tool, and a torque wrench and it went around quite easily.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Op,
    Is your wrench wide enough that it is interfering with the crush washer as you tighten it? That can increase resistance. Also, is it possible for you to put your barrel in the vice, instead of the reaction rod? If it feels like youre about to break something, you probably are.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Op,
    Is your wrench wide enough that it is interfering with the crush washer as you tighten it? That can increase resistance. Also, is it possible for you to put your barrel in the vice, instead of the reaction rod? If it feels like youre about to break something, you probably are.
    I use a Magpul armorers wrench or a Craftsman adjustable. I don't think the Magpul wrench was interfering with the crush washer. I don't have a barrel jig...yet. I put some anti-seize on the threads and added a shim that go it snug at 1100, then timed it.

Thanks to all for the help and advice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123