Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need PSA 9mm extractor

Feedback Score

Need PSA 9mm extractor

I have a PSA bolt carrier labeled PSA G-9 Hybrid whose extractor broke yesterday. Looking at PSA's site, I don't see any PSA extractors listed. I've emailed them about where to find a replacement, but doubt I'll get a reply - I've emailed them twice before about other issues and never heard back. So, can anyone direct me to sources that sell an extractor that would work? It seems like the few places I see selling PCC extractors say they are specific to the same brand's bolt carrier.

Feedback Score
    You will have to send in the bcg.

If you Google "psa g-9 hybrid Extractor" it is a very common problem.

Feedback Score
    I would just buy an FM products 9mm Glock bolt and call it a day...…….you can get them for around 100 bucks...…...the extractor looks like an AR15 extractor and I would bet money it is...…..I called FM and asked for some spare parts...…..they sent me free of charge an extractor and firing pin with spring...…..I would have paid them for the spares...….you can get this quality bolt carrier for 99 bucks and free shipping from the nice folks at Brownells.
    Last edited by 6mmAR15; 06-25-19 at 13:30.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Primary Arms has the CMMG Bolt Rebuild Kit in stock.
    Allegedly CMMG and PSA bolts are from same blueprint, with CMMG QC a bit better.

Looks like CMMG sells just the extractor for 10 bucks less than the rebuild kit- which includes spring, roll pin, cotter and firing pin.
    Last edited by gaijin; 06-25-19 at 15:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Primary Arms has the CMMG Bolt Rebuild Kit in stock.
    Allegedly CMMG and PSA bolts are from same blueprint, with CMMG QC a bit better.

Looks like CMMG sells just the extractor for 10 bucks less than the rebuild kit- which includes spring, roll pin, cotter and firing pin.
    That sounds like a plan! I did see the CMMG extractor which said it only is intended for CMMG bolts, but its worth a try to have a backup.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
    You will have to send in the bcg.

If you Google "psa g-9 hybrid Extractor" it is a very common problem.
    You are correct. They are sending me a shipping label. Not sure why they couldn't just sell an extractor. They could make money instead of having to spend money.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 6mmAR15 View Post
    I would just buy an FM products 9mm Glock bolt and call it a day...…….you can get them for around 100 bucks...…...the extractor looks like an AR15 extractor and I would bet money it is...…..I called FM and asked for some spare parts...…..they sent me free of charge an extractor and firing pin with spring...…..I would have paid them for the spares...….you can get this quality bolt carrier for 99 bucks and free shipping from the nice folks at Brownells.
    Are you certain that it functions in a PSA upper? I'm interested in getting a bolt that I'm able to maintain without returning to PSA.

Feedback Score
    Maybe someone could chime in and help. I don't see why it wouldn't work have not tried one. o:
    "Paul Noonan" <paul@fm-products.com> Is the guy I dealt with, super nice and gives fast email replies......shoot him an email and see what he has to say...….I believe I read that the "hybrid" name comes from the fact that the bolt is cut for glock and colt style lowers...………..
    Last edited by 6mmAR15; 06-26-19 at 07:19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 6mmAR15 View Post
    Maybe someone could chime in and help. I don't see why it wouldn't work have not tried one. o:
    "Paul Noonan" <paul@fm-products.com> Is the guy I dealt with, super nice and gives fast email replies......shoot him an email and see what he has to say...….I believe I read that the "hybrid" name comes from the fact that the bolt is cut for glock and colt style lowers...………..
    Thanks for the info. Sent them an email + a followup email.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prickett View Post
    Thanks for the info. Sent them an email + a followup email.
    FM said their bolt would likely work, though it might involve shaving a little off the ejector.

CMMG said they didn't think their extractor would fit the PSA bolt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast