Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Okay tech gurus, need some help.....

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Looks nice.

I noticed this on their price part of the website: "Please Note: We turn our inventory daily, please check with the dealer to confirm vehicle availability." . Right. They turn their inventory daily? They must have a ton of car carriers sitting out front every day replenishing...
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    First Ford I'll ever have owned. It was a good deal for a sharp-looking truck. 2019 so they're starting to ease off prices to move them for the 2020's.

This one: https://www.wyattjohnsonford.com/new...EW1E58KKC81972

They gave me $21K for my Sierra, which is right about KBB for trade-in value. Add in another $2K I put down and I'm not financing a helluva lot.

Not bad, but I’ve never seen SXM come in an XL trim. Usually XLT and above.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's what I was wondering too. Do they offer a stand-alone CD player you can route the same way?
    I guess you could get a Walkman CD player and plug it into the Aux.... haha

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet432 View Post
    I guess you could get a Walkman CD player and plug it into the Aux.... haha
    LOL That's something from the "Gone and Not Coming Back" thread!

Seriously though, would that work to play through the speakers in the truck? That's what I was thinking along the lines of.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    If you go with the Sirus ap option get a mount for your phone. I use one to stream podcasts and musicon the way to/from work.

You can get a mount that either has adhesive and sticks on your console somewhere, suctions to windshield, or one that goes into the vents. Then you just put a magnetic strip it comes with on the back of your phone case to connect it. Makes things hands free and easier to use. Good for GPS etc as well

https://www.amazon.com/MAGDMB-MagicM...W21H720EQ1GJMX

Just one example. There are several types/styles. I use mine a lot and like it

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...ess/7072562011
    Last edited by everready73; 06-26-19 at 13:05.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Abnak:

You've ignited a passion in me ! LOL. I wasn't going to rest until I find a solution. I grew up with 8 tracks, cassettes and then CDs. The Acura I bought in 2003 had both CD changer and a cassette player. It was the last of its kind. I've been googling all over looking for that combo AM-FM/XM/CD, but none came up. You can have two of either, but not all three. Of course they have the latest gadgets that let you play music on your iphoid, android, typhoid, etc.

Check out this Crutchfield article:

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-lDIkEX...ayer-dead.html

Then a light bulb came up ! In the early 90s I had a car with cassette player but no CD. A friend of mine introduced me to the aftermarket CD changers ! Sony, Alpine, Pioneer made them. They play through an FM transmitter tuned to a channel on your FM radio. They worked very well. I had one installed in the trunk, it held 6 discs. It was bolted down. If your truck has enough room under the seat (front or rear), maybe they can put it there.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-A2fDXq...ngers_oem.html

Check out your local car tune shops, they probably can hook you up.

This still leave out the XM Sirius.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Abnak:

You've ignited a passion in me ! LOL. I wasn't going to rest until I find a solution. I grew up with 8 tracks, cassettes and then CDs. The Acura I bought in 2003 had both CD changer and a cassette player. It was the last of its kind. I've been googling all over looking for that combo AM-FM/XM/CD, but none came up. You can have two of either, but not all three. Of course they have the latest gadgets that let you play music on your iphoid, android, typhoid, etc.

Check out this Crutchfield article:

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-lDIkEX...ayer-dead.html

Then a light bulb came up ! In the early 90s I had a car with cassette player but no CD. A friend of mine introduced me to the aftermarket CD changers ! Sony, Alpine, Pioneer made them. They play through an FM transmitter tuned to a channel on your FM radio. They worked very well. I had one installed in the trunk, it held 6 discs. It was bolted down. If your truck has enough room under the seat (front or rear), maybe they can put it there.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-A2fDXq...ngers_oem.html

Check out your local car tune shops, they probably can hook you up.

This still leave out the XM Sirius.
    LOL Do you have any idea how much it pained me to switch to CD's from cassettes? And this was in the 2000's no less, not 90's!

Thanks for the tips. When I get it I might just try one of those "local car tune shops" and see what they can rig up. Do they still have Radio Shack?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    LOL Do you have any idea how much it pained me to switch to CD's from cassettes? And this was in the 2000's no less, not 90's!

Thanks for the tips. When I get it I might just try one of those "local car tune shops" and see what they can rig up. Do they still have Radio Shack?
    I still have about 75 cassettes. Some are over 40 years old (treasured - from another time and place). I have home cassette decks that I can listen to them on.

I loved looking through the Radio Shack catalogs but their stuff wasn't all that hot in real life. The RS catalogs were like playboy for geeks like me.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    This is a pretty simple fix.

First,
    Install an 8 track player.
    Preferably one of the combination 8 track player/CB radio ones.

Second, get some old 8 tracks, plus
    Get an old 8 track shell.

Third, buy a aux to cassette adapter. The thing that lets you plug an iPod into the thing that looks like a cassette.

Fourth, pull the heads from that and install into the 8 track shell.

Fith,
    Plug iPod into your invented iPod to 8 track adapter.
    This covers listening to your 8 tracks and playing iPod/iPhone/mp3s.

Sixth,
    Get a cassette 8 track adapter. You can put your cassettes into it and stick it into your 8 track player. This covers listening to your cassettes.

Seventh,
    Get a portable CD player. You can plug your 8 track/iPod adapter into the speaker hole and this covers your CDs.

Eighth,
    Fire up the CB and tell everyone about your cool new stereo system, and invite them to hang out.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    This is a pretty simple fix.

First,
    Install an 8 track player.
    Preferably one of the combination 8 track player/CB radio ones.

Second, get some old 8 tracks, plus
    Get an old 8 track shell.

Third, buy a aux to cassette adapter. The thing that lets you plug an iPod into the thing that looks like a cassette.

Fourth, pull the heads from that and install into the 8 track shell.

Fith,
    Plug iPod into your invented iPod to 8 track adapter.
    This covers listening to your 8 tracks and playing iPod/iPhone/mp3s.

Sixth,
    Get a cassette 8 track adapter. You can put your cassettes into it and stick it into your 8 track player. This covers listening to your cassettes.

Seventh,
    Get a portable CD player. You can plug your 8 track/iPod adapter into the speaker hole and this covers your CDs.

Eighth,
    Fire up the CB and tell everyone about your cool new stereo system, and invite them to hang out.
    Ha! What the hell are you joking about? You're in that same approximate age range old man!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast