Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What would you do with these two free colts with welded chambers.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Yes, but since the barrel is toast, the heat treat is the least of the issues. Quite simply, the barrel is not worth trying to salvage.

If they were mine, I would replace the spent barrels with Colt barrels as funds were slowly set aside. If you have the cash surplus, just order the barrels now and be done with it.
    I had my suspicions, but didn't have the welding knowledge to know for sure.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Very cool, looking forward to some lics and range reports!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Can you have the weld reamed out? Not sure why someone would de-mil a civilian AR.
    In some places, that would be a technically compliant way to "destroy" a gun or otherwise "render inoperable." Especially if you were the passive aggressive type that did that only because you had to, and did it in only the most minimalist way possible ensuring as much of the gun as possible could be returned to service. Just sayin.

OP- Look for a way to get that gun back to lawfully get that gun back to a ban state so someone there can use it, and you can make some money. Others can advise better how.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by marZ1 View Post
    Thanks for all the help. I got 2 A2 Gov't profile complete assemblies on the way. Barrels came of fine with no damage to the upper and the scratches indicate they removed the barrel to weld it anyhow. Again thanks for all the help.
    Glad to hear things worked out!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Try contacting Shark Arms. They seem to deal with a lot of Colt parts, maybe they can track down a couple surplus A2 barrels for you. If not, Brownell's will sell you a stripped 20" Colt govt. barrel for about $177.00, but you will need to purchase the FSP, taper pins, handguard cap, flash hider, crush washer, barrel nut, and delta ring assembly separately. On top of that, you'll have to pay somebody to drill and pin your FSP (I think ADCO provides that service).
    I bet that John Thomas at Retro Arms Works could also do that, in addition to putting it all together for you if you like.

Feedback Score
    Have them barrelled and shoot them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123