Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Project Veritas Catches Google Manipulating Political Searches

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Google is private, they can do as they please. Bing is a thing and you can do image searches without google BS.

I'm more concerned that CNN has a political bias. I knew google did a decade ago, it's not exactly news. Hell you can look at the google doodle thing for 30 days and figure out their political bias.
    No they can't, look up the communications decency act. If you make yourself a virtual town square then you have no right to regulate someones free speech.

This is not about political bias, it is the complete CENSORSHIP and DEPLATFORMING of people they deem hold "extremist views". Bing does not hold anywhere NEAR the ad market or has the reach of Google or Facebook.

Again facebook and google have the ability to topple governments. How do you think Arab Spring got started?

This is why conservatives will lose, most of them are completely clueless about how social media and the internet affects the real world.

You think Google and Bing are just like a Supermarket A and Supermarket B and the "free market" will decide. Thats not how tech monopolies work.

Last edited by vicious_cb; 06-26-19 at 11:58.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I always wonder exactly how private stuff like Google is.

Feedback Score
    https://lidblog.com/google-execs-hiding/

Google Execs Suddenly Go Into Hiding After Project Veritas Exposes Trump Destruction Plans
    All of a sudden, a group of Google executives deleted their social media presence after a new expose revealed their plans to use their Internet search engine to destroy President Donald Trump’s 2020 election campaign.

The sudden disappearance of the Google executive’s social media accounts came on the heels of the latest undercover exposé by Project Veritas that reveals that Google is programming its machine learning algorithms (or AI) to prevent the “next Trump situation.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    About as private as you pay it to be.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    About as private as you pay it to be.
    I assume Google and every news source is subsidized or at least got subsidized heavily at some point.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    How do you feel about a "private" company knowing more about you than the gov't? They harvest so much meta data from you every website you've visited and everywhere you've been from the GPS on your phone.

They have the ability to label you a "racist" and "biggot", censor and deplatform if you ever try to hold pubic office. Ban financial transactions from paypal or patreon.

How long until they start targeting gun owners as "propagators of violence" who support the president. Do you see where this is going?

But Google is just a private company right? Its not like they wield more power than alot of countries out there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    How do you feel about a "private" company knowing more about you than the gov't? They harvest so much meta data from you every website you've visited and everywhere you've been from the GPS on your phone.

They have the ability to label you a "racist" and "biggot", censor and deplatform if you ever try to hold pubic office. Ban financial transactions from paypal or patreon.

How long until they start targeting gun owners as "propagators of violence" who support the president. Do you see where this is going?

But Google is just a private company right? Its not like they wield more power than alot of countries out there.
    That has a lot to do with why I doubt they are private, at least in the way private is typically assumed to be.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    And yet once again I have to point out RT is 10000 times less propaganda free than CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, NY Times, LA Times, Washington Post. Do you trust these?

RT does post idiocy but they also post a lot of truth so its old fashioned %10 propaganda so it tends to blend in with all the truth
    and well the others just post idiocy and feelings of what they want and refuse to post the truth so its %100 prop for sure

so there is a difference
    Last edited by Honu; 06-26-19 at 15:33.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    If you are not paying for something on the Internet, you are not the customer, you are the product.

Use DuckDuckGo as your search engine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast