Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: looking to get into reloading?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Did anybody tell this gentleman to buy a chargemaster for the love of God.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    You just did, and it is solid advice.

I have a Lyman, I’ve heard good things about the RCBS as well. Either way hand trickling charges for precision rifle sucks donkey balls.

I usually find that for powder charges around 60gr or less that by the time I carefully seat a bullet and place the now loaded round in the box, that my Lyman charge dispenser has the next one waiting and ready. No hassle, and a nice smooth work pace.

Feedback Score
    Thanks again guys!

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    You just did, and it is solid advice.

I have a Lyman, I’ve heard good things about the RCBS as well. Either way hand trickling charges for precision rifle sucks donkey balls.

I usually find that for powder charges around 60gr or less that by the time I carefully seat a bullet and place the now loaded round in the box, that my Lyman charge dispenser has the next one waiting and ready. No hassle, and a nice smooth work pace.
    Wtf are you loading that takes 60g lol

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you want to get an RL550 (or other progressive press), go for it, but you'll still probably continue using whatever single stage press comes with the kit. I load a lot more ammo on the 550, but I use the Rock Chucker more times per month creating test loads with the help of......

an almost 20 year old RCBS electronic powder dispenser (the dispenser sits next to the scale, not behind it)/scale set. I killed the scale about 5 years ago, when it bounced off the wood floor, so I replaced it with a Lyman, but the dispenser works as well today as ever.

While the RL550 can be used like a single stage, it's a lot easier swapping between cartridges and primer sizes with the Rock Chucker, for small batches.
    Last edited by grizzman; 06-29-19 at 17:29.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Wtf are you loading that takes 60g lol
    I load for .280 Ackley Improved for my hunting rifle.

Could be worse I could be throwing 100+gr charges loading for a .338 Lapua or a .338 Norma. That will eat through a pound of powder in no time, 7000gr/lb gets you less than 70 rounds per pound.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the advice and input. I have just started reloading this year and may have some dumb questions in the near future!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345