Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul Gen2 vs Gen3 PMAGS

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    3 BCM lowers, an Aero Precision lower, a Spikes lower (with DD LPK), and a Bren 805 pistol - all work flawlessly with my Gen.3 mags - BLK & FDE.

What lower & LPK are you having trouble with?
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHERWINVILLARETE View Post
    Out of spec for sure
    Respectfully, do you know what the spec is or was? Or are you just speculating?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    BAD lever eh? To each his own.

I really prefer Gen 3 even though Gen 2 always worked as well. Right now I have seven that run fine with both.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    So I just tried to reproduce this issue. The lower I have with me is a KAC stripper built with a Sionics LPK. I also have with me 3 empty PMags. A Gen 3 30, Gen 3 20, and a “patent pending” (gen1?) 30. I also have an empty Surefeed. I was unable to reproduce the problem with any of these mags with the upper attached.

When I removed the upper, I was able to get the Gen 3 30 to bypass the bolt catch, only if I inserted it with a tilting pressure. Incidently, this mag is one of my PMags that tend to not drop free when empty.

I’ve never had this problem before, but I’ve also never inserted a mag without the upper, but with an installed bolt catch.

This is interesting, but I’m not sure it matters.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Do you have other Gen 3's to try? Contact Magpul. That mag might be defective.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    I second the suggestion to try a different bolt catch.
    Yeap it was out spec too. I replaced it and now I can use all my gen3s except for 2 that were out of spec also

Well, if you look at the good one vs the one that gives me problems, the bad one sticks out past the feedlips.

Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    Do you have other Gen 3's to try? Contact Magpul. That mag might be defective.
    Yes and other gen3s work now. Just 2 out 10 are bad. The followers stick too far out the feed lips

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    So I just tried to reproduce this issue. The lower I have with me is a KAC stripper built with a Sionics LPK. I also have with me 3 empty PMags. A Gen 3 30, Gen 3 20, and a “patent pending” (gen1?) 30. I also have an empty Surefeed. I was unable to reproduce the problem with any of these mags with the upper attached.

When I removed the upper, I was able to get the Gen 3 30 to bypass the bolt catch, only if I inserted it with a tilting pressure. Incidently, this mag is one of my PMags that tend to not drop free when empty.

I’ve never had this problem before, but I’ve also never inserted a mag without the upper, but with an installed bolt catch.

Not a big deal under normal use, the follower naturally resets at the catch when starting with ammunition. It's a problem when I do my 1R1 drills when It requires an empty mag.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No problem with Gen2 or Gen3 PMags on any of my rifles.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well that's good news, I guess label those mags and set 'em aside, out if "primary" use, as it were.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Multiple Mega and Colt lowers - no issues with any PMAG

Single Aero Precision had a tight magwell, only aluminum 30rds would work - all Polymer mags (PMAG / Lancer) 30s & 20s, plus aluminum 20 were uber tight. AP reworked it and it's fine now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post

I have a lower that does exactly this. If I insert it on a tilt it by passes the bolt catch. The bolt catch is from bcm. I believe the lower is out of spec. All other magazines work fine.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast