Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just Received this email from Wayne LaPierre

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    Tale as old as time. The writing on the wall for me with the NRA was during the 2012 campaign. I get that the Alex Jones-type stuff appeals to a certain set of members, but not me.

I guess I've forgotten...can you refresh my memory about all this?

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    Lapierre as Trump is not a good comparison, because I genuinely believe Trump's primary motivation is not protecting some little fiefdom he created politically. Lapierre has turned the organization itself into his own cult of personality and has convinced at least a large number of NRA supporters that he is the face of fighting for 2A rights. You may not like what Trump does/says, but he is at least authentically Trump. That's all most voters care about - authenticity. Lapierre may have people convinced he's the best protector of 2A rights, but if anyone bothered to scrutinize that, they'd find the most inauthentic POS.
    Wayne is as much of an inauthentic, self serving, con-man as Don is. He's literally turned the GOP into a cult of personality and goes after anyone that won't tow his line (Justin Amash for 1). But that's probably another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Trump started from a wealthy, known family.
    Trump became more wealthy and more well known.
    Trump became president of the USA.

LaPierre became president of the NRA.
    LaPierre became wealthy and known.
    LaPierre became more wealthy and more well known.

Objectively, two very different things.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Trump started from a wealthy, known family.
    Trump became more wealthy and more well known.
    Trump became president of the USA.

LaPierre became president of the NRA.
    LaPierre became wealthy and known.
    LaPierre became more wealthy and more well known.

Objectively, two very different things.
    Yet, neither seem interested in supporting the 2a.

Edit: despite face values.
    Last edited by 1168; 06-27-19 at 11:55. Reason: Add

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I guess I've forgotten...can you refresh my memory about all this?
    That's when I really remember them ramping up the crap you would only see at a corner table at a gun show - the U.N. is coming for your guns, every proposed law is a back door for registration/confiscation, etc. You used to have to actively seek out the guys peddling that crap, then the NRA took it mainstream. I would just prefer if they focused on realistic threats to 2A rights, but apparently people like me are not the ones writing checks. I re-upped for 3 years a while ago at a "deep discount", but since then I've only donated to SAF and GOA. Honestly, the only appeal the NRA has left with me is that the mere mention of it, let alone wearing NRA apparel, drives people on the left crazy.

An aside: I met Randy Weaver at a gun show, and while I think that minor-celebrity status in the 2A community may have had an impact on some of his non-2A thoughts, he's the only "advertising" I need to support real 2A groups, not crap spewed out by a marketing firm. Put him on a mailer with a quote like, "Look what the government did to me over the 2A."
    Last edited by sundance435; 06-27-19 at 11:54.

Feedback Score
    One my main beefs with them is that they are constantly on the defensive. "Send us tons of money so we can stop them from taking your guns" instead of "help us repeal some of the crappy laws on the books already." Nobody ever won a war fighting only defensive battles. That the NRA can't or won't embrace that means they will ultimately stand by and watch our gun rights be taken away. They will never get to a point where they advance the cause of helping us regain what has already been lost.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    One my main beefs with them is that they are constantly on the defensive. "Send us tons of money so we can stop them from taking your guns" instead of "help us repeal some of the crappy laws on the books already." Nobody ever won a war fighting only defensive battles. That the NRA can't or won't embrace that means they will ultimately stand by and watch our gun rights be taken away. They will never get to a point where they advance the cause of helping us regain what has already been lost.

Every effing month. Hey, senile, demented idiot member, your membership is about to expire. Send money, please. Nevermind that you just renewed. You won’t remember. Oh, wait, you’re A&O x4? Hey, have you heard about the latest legislation? Give us money, please, or Pelosi will take your stuff, and we’ll be forced to not stop her because you don’t care enough to give us more money.

OK, maybe some exaggeration. But not as much as I wish.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Every effing month. Hey, senile, demented idiot member, your membership is about to expire. Send money, please. Nevermind that you just renewed. You won’t remember. Oh, wait, you’re A&O x4? Hey, have you heard about the latest legislation? Give us money, please, or Pelosi will take your stuff, and we’ll be forced to not stop her because you don’t care enough to give us more money.

OK, maybe some exaggeration. But not as much as I wish.
    Wayne can sell one of his empty suits to cover my share.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Wayne can sell one of his empty suits to cover my share.
    In the same I way I became "woke" and no longer gave money to TV preachers who live in big fancy houses while pleading for money for the poor, I quit giving money to the same kind of people that run the NRA.

After quitting NRA, I joined GOA over protests that they will never be as big or powerful as the NRA. Well, no duh--if you take that attitude and don't support them they won't.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123