Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny thing happened during newest build

Feedback Score

Funny thing happened during newest build

I just finished my newest build -- a 16" in 7.62 X 39. The funny part comes at the end of the build -- I ended up w/ extra parts and the silly thing seems to work fine

Feedback Score
    what are the extra parts?

Feedback Score
    I would look at your diagram/parts list again to ensure you have a correctly built weapon, just for my piece of mind.
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 11-11-08 at 22:40. Reason: spelling
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    the extra parts are from the LPK -- a couple of detents and 2 springs
    I bought the part kit from DPMS and it came pre packaged

Feedback Score
    Don't feel bad. I recently bought 2 LPK's from BM & one kit had an extra minor part or 2. I'm waiting for my stocks so I have not used the whole kit yet but I did see the extras. I guess some guy doing 100's of LPKs a day looses count a time or two. I was very careful & did the 2 lowers together so I don't feel I left out any parts.

Feedback Score
    I had a detent left over from my Stag LPK I just installed. I figured they were including an extra to replace the one I fired across the room while trying to install it.

Feedback Score
    Before I start a build, i set out everything in an LPK on a white towel to match an image I've saved with everything labeled. It's better to know *before* you even begin if there are extras.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Opposite happened to me a few months ago-

Bought a RRA LPK (not my first choice of course) from my favorite local gun pusher to finish a lower. I immediately realized that I was missing the selector detent- not sure if it wasn't included or if I just mis-placed it in my hasty unpackaging.

Went back to said store the next day after assembling the rest of the LPK to pick up the detent and discovered that they just had a delivery of LMT lowers.

Went into the shop for a $ 0.50 part, and left with a $350 lower. Couldn't have been happier.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Few pieces extra here, but it's because I used a magpul trigger guard rather than the one in the kit.

Feedback Score
    Some LPK's will come with extra detents and springs b/c these are the parts that usually end up launching into oblivion. Saves you a call to order new ones.

--usp_fan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast