Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else bothered by std Glock trigger safety while shooting?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Anyone else bothered by std Glock trigger safety while shooting?

I'm a longtime Glock shooter from the LE training arena, so I have pretty much always shot with generally stock firearms. So, the slight ridge of the thin trigger safety on stock Glock trigger bars is something I've always dealt with.

Today, while dry firing in the garage, I finally decided to take care of the issue. IDK if the process I used is common, I've never seen it explained/illustrated.

On the first two I did I wedged the trigger safety forward with a small screwdriver (black arrow) and inserted a piece of safety wire in the triangular notch to hold it forward (red arrow) I then used my dremel to shape the trigger safety bar to the trigger. I took a little off, removed the safety wire and checked fit, repeated as necessary until level.

Attachment 57769

After two Glocks, I decided to take a short cut. I preesed the tab on the safety bar up to it's disengaged position (punch in picture). This left the 'excess' trigger safety bar above the trigger. Carefully used dremel to get it level with the face of the trigger. I didn't want to hit the trigger, so I couldn't get it perfectly flst, so I then finished to my satisfaction using the first method.

I know, simply, everyone but me has probably done it, but if you haven't, there you go.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 06-22-19 at 13:32.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    HEY MODS, YO, THE DUMBASS WHO WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT NON APPROPRIATE MATERIAL IN AR GENERAL POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG FORUM.

COULD YOU MOVE TO HANDGUNS-SEMIAUTO.

I AM CHAGRINED.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Not when shooting AR15s, no...

OT, no I have never been bothered by the Glock Trigger safety - although I prefer the smooth G17 trigger shoe to the G19 'target' ridged shoe, and usually swap them out for OEM G17 smooth ones.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    HEY MODS, YO, THE DUMBASS WHO WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT NON APPROPRIATE MATERIAL IN AR GENERAL POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG FORUM.

COULD YOU MOVE TO HANDGUNS-SEMIAUTO.

I AM CHAGRINED.
    EPIC.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    I've radiused a few Glock trigger safeties to match the triggers.

Feedback Score
    I've done this too, but Dremel is way overkill. Just use a fingernail file.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2000 View Post
    I've done this too, but Dremel is way overkill. Just use a fingernail file.
    I too file it down by hand.
    Last edited by Striker6; 06-22-19 at 18:54.
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've not only not been bothered by it, I've never noticed it. Or any of the other Glock like dingus safeties on other handguns

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I do basically the same thing with the blade of my pocket knife.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The stock, dingus on trigger safety guns in general, raises a hot spot on my finger due to safety lever/dingus sticking out, past the trigger proper when gun is fired.
    And yes, sanding/stoning the dingus to flush, or just past flush is something I do.

Except on my ARs. ( :
    Last edited by gaijin; 06-22-19 at 17:56.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast