G&R Tactical
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Larson (IraqGunz) Memorial and Go Fund Me

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)

Will Larson (IraqGunz) Memorial and Go Fund Me

As most of you have probably heard by now the firearms community lost a close friend on June 29. Will Larson (IraqGunz) passed away suddenly and unexpectedly while traveling and teaching his armorers course for his company, Semper Paratus Arms. He was a dear friend, not only to me, but to many here as well. He spent many hours posting and sharing info here. This was his online home.

His family could use some help right now with the incurred medical bills from his short time in ICU plus his wife and family having to travel to recover him and all of his equipment. Some of his friends and industry partners have set up a GoFundMe account to help with all of this. If you can, even if itís only $5, any help is greatly appreciated by Lisa and the family.

5110646E-9555-4A47-AF7E-20BD72CC39D8.jpg

https://www.gofundme.com/f/rsyh3-the..._co_campmgmt_w

Thank you guys and gals for all you do and please keep Willís family close at heart during this very difficult time of loss. Your support is invaluable.

Jordan
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

Feedback Score
    I'm heartbroken.
    I can honestly say SOLGW probably wouldn't exist if I hadn't met Will.
    He was my mentor and my friend.

His contribution to the industry cannot be overstated, and we will definitely feel the loss.

If you guys could throw in on that go fund me it really will make a difference to his family.

Mike

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I just got word this morning, I am so bummed out. I saw him just a few weekends ago. The man has taught me everything I know about AR's and whole more. This a tremendous loss to this community, this industry and to me personally. R.I.P. Will , you will be missed.
    E pluribus unum

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLGW View Post
    I'm heartbroken.
    I can honestly say SOLGW probably wouldn't exist if I hadn't met Will.
    He was my mentor and my friend.

His contribution to the industry cannot be overstated, and we will definitely feel the loss.

If you guys could throw in on that go fund me it really will make a difference to his family.

Mike

He a little story about you at the last class I attended.
    E pluribus unum

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    Contributed and shared GoFundMe via Facebook.

Rest easy, brother.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    He a little story about you at the last class I attended.
    Uh oh.. Lol

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    RIP. Wealth of knowledge and always happy to help.

Feedback Score
    Like many of you, I'm sure going to miss him. Coming to terms with his passing is really hard. It's rough not being able to pick up the phone and call him.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Gofundme campaign has reached over $19K in one day, thank you guys for contributing and sharing.

In the early days of FCD, right after I left BAD, some I thought were friends couldn't bother to return calls and emails. Funny how that works when one is no longer in the position to be of use to folks. Many had stuck with me and my new company from the beginning, Josh and Will at Sionics, John at Rainier Arms, Brian at Tacticallink, etc., I'll always remember the early days and those that have been generous to us when we appeared to be inconsequential.

Will had always believed in our company, its mission and products. He had put us in touch with many we now call friends, and he never asked for anything in return. I'd send him a care package now and then to show him the new stuff we're doing, some he liked, the other he was quiet about. That was Will, he pulled no punches, he did not blindly follow any company or person, he had his own standards, and they were very high indeed.

He was our unofficial good will ambassador. Many folks I now call friends are because Will had made the introduction, including Mike and Kyle at SOLGW.

The loss to the community is hard to gauge. Gone now is the voice of reason and wisdom against shoddy workmanship, quality and standards, gone now is the just assessment of gear and ARs regardless of name brand. It's as though the check and balance that kept manufacturers in line were removed.

His absence is significant.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Wow, that is awful. RIP.
    - Rhino

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast