Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Broward Sheriff’s Office loses its accreditation

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    You can't expect policemen to trade their lives for those of children that they don't know. They didn't sign up for that.
    That's precisely what thy signed up for and thank God/Allah/Shiva few of them would agree with you on that.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    What exactly is accreditation. What's it do?
    Accreditation can affect funding, schools, etc. But lack of it won't affect too much, now. Like schools and HCFs/MTFs, there will come a point in time where you have to have it or there will be serious legal and funding ramifications.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Accreditation can affect funding, schools, etc. But lack of it won't affect too much, now. Like schools and HCFs/MTFs, there will come a point in time where you have to have it or there will be serious legal and funding ramifications.
    Considering the context, the hit to their reputation could be the worst part of it perhaps, but it's gonna hurt overall.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it doesn't affect them, what reason does anyone have to change?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If the accreditation they lost is anything like CALEA, I'd say thanks and move on. CALEA is a self licking ice cream cone that keeps fat ass retired chiefs (many if not most cut from the same cloth as Israel) in a big fat retirement check. In my 24 year career accreditation was probably the biggest waste of time and money I ever saw. Your dues check clears and you're in the club. It had ZERO impact on grants awarded, funding, operations, or building community rapport/trust. At no time during some of our highly controversial incidents (one had a movie made about it) did our detractors say "Hold off on the demonstrations and hell raising guys, the PD is accredited, we're wrong, it's all good". This isn't to defend the shortcomings of the BSO, but accreditation is bullshit and most cops will tell you that. Were I named chief of an agency that was CALEA accredited, its be the first thing I ditched and that money would go to actual needs.

As to not signing up for trading my life for other people's kids? Correctomundo, I did not. I signed up to go in and stop the threat, knowing that it may result in my death or serious injury, but a simple trade of me for the innocent? No. Counter to the mission. It was absolutely expected of me to run in and stop the murderous anti-social behavior of shitheads like this shooter and either take them into custody for trial or put them down. Their choice on that. Trade my life? Nope. Risk it to prevent your innocent kid's from being stolen from them? Yep. Every day all day. And I prepared for it religiously, on my own dime and expense mostly. And if it was going to happen, I wanted it to happen when I could get there and put the skills to use to mitigate the crime. Like others have said, not willing then don't apply. It's not about free coffee and half priced meals.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    That's precisely what thy signed up for and thank God/Allah/Shiva few of them would agree with you on that.
    I wince when I read/hear folks say "no compulsion" or "I did not sign up for that"...

I know in GA the School resource officer job description and R&R outline protection of students and staff as primary responsibilities. And specifically mentions external threats.

Makes me think of a fireman saying they did not sign up to fight fires. Or those soldiers in the early 2000's who protested deployment, saying "they never expected to actually deploy to fight".

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Likely Warren v. District of Columbia is the bet to make or risk being disappointed.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    I wince when I read/hear folks say "no compulsion" or "I did not sign up for that"...

I know in GA the School resource officer job description and R&R outline protection of students and staff as primary responsibilities. And specifically mentions external threats.

Makes me think of a fireman saying they did not sign up to fight fires. Or those soldiers in the early 2000's who protested deployment, saying "they never expected to actually deploy to fight".
    “I just joined for college; I didn’t know I would have to goto Iraq!”

Well, WTF did you think armies do?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Nope. These guys have families of their own to take care of. And nobody wants to check out early themselves.
    Here is the deal, no one is drafted into being a law enforcement officer. If you don't want to take risks that are required in exigent circumstances, don't take the job.

I honestly don't believe you posted that.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Interesting evolution of this situation.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ousted-br...for-reelection

Ousted Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel wants his old job back, running for reelection
    The former top cop of the largest sheriff's office in Florida -- who was booted from power earlier this year in the response to his handling of two mass shootings -- is running for his old job. Former Sheriff Scott Israel filed paperwork Monday stating his intention to run in the August 2020 Democratic primary.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast