Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Mrgunsngear: Palmetto State Armory 10.5'' Nitride 5.56 AR-15 Pistol: Best Truck Gun?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    If it doesn’t play nice with the Vortex, you can probably just bump the shoulder forward with some 9/16” shims. I used a slightly reamed Griffin M4SD overtravel stop to bump the shoulder forward, because I had a few on hand. But try it, it might go on properly if the threads are recessed a bit. Just check alignment before firing.

Not necessarily directed at Doc Safari:
    Obviously, anyone seeking to eff with mounts on a shoulder like this should seek advice from a competent gunsmith and/or check alignment before firing. Maybe consider a .30 cal can. Don’t blame me if you wreck an endcap on your $1,000 silencer after mounting it to your $499 rifle.
    I swapped the MD on my PSA but didn’t even know to look at that. Even without knowing it, putting a suppressor on a PSA never seemed like a good idea to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Funny. When I saw the second drawing I thought immediately about Ballistic Advantage as I've worked on a few Hanson barrels and absolutely hate the lack of a false shoulder as shims and especially crush washers need to be hand-centered before tightening. First time dealing with one the washer turned into an oval and the job was almost fubar. Rookie mistake, I guess.

To me, it makes absolutely no sense why PSA does that. Perhaps a barrel maker can chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/qsPrZvl

Let me know if you’re able to see it. I apologize for the crude scribbling.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Just because his barrel shot well, doesn’t mean that yours will. That’s one of the big gambling factors with PSA. I’ve had two - one that could shoot a 1” group at 50m and one that didn’t shoot better than 2 3/4. The latter was their nitride version too.

Also, having to adjust the zero for the optic isn’t necessarily indicative of anything. As long as it groups consistently, it doesn’t mean anything if the zero is a few clicks different from another gun or several.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is what I have said so many times. When you by these guns from these manufactures, its a 50 to 50 chance..Might be a great shooter and might not. Good luck.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I don’t have experience with PSA barrels or uppers but I have been debating purchasing a 9 or 10” 300bo upper from them for a build that I’m doing.
    Pappabear, with the difference in groups that you experienced did you use a variety of ammo to find out if that made the difference?
    Is it probable that given two barrels from the same maker one could shoot 1” groups with one variety of ammo, and the other prefer another brand of ammo?

I’m new to building/working on ar’s so please excuse me if this is a stupid question.

Feedback Score
    Mrgunsngear: I like your videos because they get right to the point and you have mostly all meat and no fat in your presentations.

I would like to see a video where you torture test that PSA AR pistol with a high round count to see how it holds up long-term.

Feedback Score
    So I proved this morning that mine works fine with an H2 buffer and milspec recoil spring, using both 5.56 and .223. In fact I'm about to order an H3 buffer to try next.

I got to look at a friend's "identical" pistol today. His bolt is not marked MPI and his bolt carrier key was so poorly staked as to be laughable. So the quality on these is definitely hit-and-miss.

His bolt is marked C158 for Carpenter steel I assume.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    So I proved this morning that mine works fine with an H2 buffer and milspec recoil spring, using both 5.56 and .223. In fact I'm about to order an H3 buffer to try next.

I got to look at a friend's "identical" pistol today. His bolt is not marked MPI and his bolt carrier key was so poorly staked as to be laughable. So the quality on these is definitely hit-and-miss.

His bolt is marked C158 for Carpenter steel I assume.
    Their premium BCG is a good deal and hard to pass up for one of their uppers. Staking alone was a significant improvement over the non-premium BCG that came in my upper.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Their premium BCG is a good deal and hard to pass up for one of their uppers. Staking alone was a significant improvement over the non-premium BCG that came in my upper.
    Link? Their website usually has a gazillion choices on things.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Link? Their website usually has a gazillion choices on things.
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/palm...roup-8779.html
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Thanks!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast