Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mrgunsngear: Palmetto State Armory 10.5'' Nitride 5.56 AR-15 Pistol: Best Truck Gun?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have one too but have not had a chance to shoot it yet. Thanks for review.

Feedback Score
    So we're out of town at a friend's private range. We got up early and took Shorty to the 50 yard range. It was dead nuts on with the red dot. I shot at clay pigeons. My buddy shot it on paper. Accuracy was more than acceptable given that neither one of us is an expert shot. I consider this weapon a PDW so if I can bust clay pigeons at 50 yards I'm happy. I was also hitting the fragments of the busted ones to which my girlfriend quipped, "Show off!" So I'd say it passed. The cheap handguard didn't get too hot like I thought it might. My girlfriend didn't want to shoot it. She complained it was too loud even through ear pro. My buddy and I just shrugged our shoulders.

Anyway, we're back on the road, so Happy Fourth!

Feedback Score
    Hope it serves you well. I recently sold mine to build a new custom pistol and, FYI, on the new one the MBUS sights were really tight going on both the Aero upper rec and the MI rail. So, maybe that will ease your concern a little about your rail.

Feedback Score
    Their 10.5” upper with the CHF FN barrel and Geissele rail was very tempting. I almost abandoned my 11.5” build but elected not to after finding a deal on a Colt FBI heavy barrel.

What worried me about the PSA upper was that it was over gassed as some reported. The Colt was suppose to be .070 but I’d do think that is the case. Anyway, I think I’m happy I went 11.5” fifth other reasons, but that PSA package looked damned good for the price.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    Addendum: on our way back from vacation we once again swung by the friend with his own shooting range. Another couple hundred rounds through the pistol and it's obvious the cheapo handguards have warped from the heat enough that you can see a gap between them. They get trashed when we get home.

I also noticed the buffer is black and unmarked. The recoil spring is silver, plain metal finish. Not being familiar with AR pistols I don't know if this is normal.

Feedback Score
    Here's some 50 yard targets from my PSA upper. M855, and some handloads.

Same rig, 100 yards, M855, irons.

Feedback Score
    I started out using an H3 buffer, it has worked fine with everything.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Even an H3 launches my brass into the next county with my AR9.

I tried the Kaw Valley “Blowback Buffer”. It’s a 7.5 oz. SS buffer that’s long enough it does away with the need for a spacer.
    It tames the bolt velocity so the brass piles up at a sane distance.

No affiliation with Kaw Valley or Billy Bobs.
    https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/KVP...7.5-9mm-ss.htm
    Last edited by gaijin; 07-06-19 at 13:13.

Feedback Score
    I slapped together one of their 11.5" kits on a spare lower about a year ago. Added a Sig brace and some rattle can camo. It shoots well enough to for $400 or so I have into it and I keep it in my camping truck. It's probably a bit over gassed but hasn't had any major problems. It's not as smooth as my Colts, but for the price it's been a descent beater for me. If nothing else I have a loaner gun along when out with friends.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    Their 10.5” upper with the CHF FN barrel and Geissele rail was very tempting. I almost abandoned my 11.5” build but elected not to after finding a deal on a Colt FBI heavy barrel.

What worried me about the PSA upper was that it was over gassed as some reported. The Colt was suppose to be .070 but I’d do think that is the case. Anyway, I think I’m happy I went 11.5” fifth other reasons, but that PSA package looked damned good for the price.

Mine's been solid so far; had it out several range sessions since and no problems to date. More shooting to go though...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast