Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mrgunsngear: Palmetto State Armory 10.5'' Nitride 5.56 AR-15 Pistol: Best Truck Gun?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post

I also noticed the buffer is black and unmarked. The recoil spring is silver, plain metal finish. Not being familiar with AR pistols I don't know if this is normal.
    The buffer is probably a Carbine weight. Probably not ideal for that gun. Even with my H2 it felt over gassed. The spring is just the cheapest spring they could find. Get a real milspec one for ~$5.

Feedback Score
    I have to agree with all of this, and I know for a fact that it is a 3oz buffer.

Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    The buffer is probably a Carbine weight. Probably not ideal for that gun. Even with my H2 it felt over gassed. The spring is just the cheapest spring they could find. Get a real milspec one for ~$5.

Feedback Score
    Yes, I'm not surprised to hear this, just wanted to verify it. I will be upgrading these parts as soon as I have a chance.

Feedback Score
    For my next trick, I just ordered the complete pistol lower with the KAK blade brace from PSA, and I'm going to pair it with this upper:

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...g-11%20bfh.htm

I'm guessing the first thing I should try out with it is an H buffer and of course replace the cheapo recoil spring with a "real" one.

Is this correct?

I want maximum reliability with both commercial .223 and full horse 5.56.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 07-08-19 at 11:54.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I run an H2 and Sprinco Blue in my BCM 11.5.
    An H3 isn't overkill, particularly with a diet of m193/5.56 pressure stuff.

Feedback Score
    Gaijin has it right. I'll add that unless you shoot PMC Bronze, the H3 might be just the ticket with a Mil-spec spring.

For my next trick, I just ordered the complete pistol lower with the KAK blade brace from PSA, and I'm going to pair it with this upper:

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...g-11%20bfh.htm

I'm guessing the first thing I should try out with it is an H buffer and of course replace the cheapo recoil spring with a "real" one.

Is this correct?

I want maximum reliability with both commercial .223 and full horse 5.56.

Feedback Score
    I do actually have a lot of PMC .223, and I shoot .223 way more than 5.56.

I ordered the H2 buffer to try out first. I don't mind a little over gassing for reliability.

Feedback Score
    Good choice. You can always swap out a weight from that black carbine buffer into your new H2 to make an H1, if you feel the need.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    PROS

1. Barrel is chambered in 5.56. I'm taking their word for it. I understand some manufacturers that claim to have a 5.56 chamber actually have one closer to .223 despite markings. I can't vouch for whether this is true or not, but aftermarket builds always make me suspicious. So I just thought I'd mention that.

CONS

5. The flash hider looks as though it was not torqued on enough to really deform the crush washer as I'd expect. I may replace the flash hider anyway.
    1) I tested exactly one PSA 16” 5.56 marked barrel with one of Ned’s chamber gauges. It failed, but to be fair, you might be surprised how many commercial barrels fail to truly be 5.56.

5) I won’t be surprised if you find a 9/16” diameter false shoulder hiding under that crush washer.

Eta: the PSA barrel that I own is one of the uppers that I’m using a BRT EZ Tune gas tube in, so that I can use it on any of my lowers without concern for springs and buffers.
    Last edited by 1168; 07-08-19 at 14:06. Reason: Add

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post

5) I won’t be surprised if you find a 9/16” diameter false shoulder hiding under that crush washer.
    And what will that mean?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast