Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My reliability upgrades for the AR-15:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BL1 View Post
    34 years of studying and the ultimate choice was an MP15 Sport II?
    I was thinking the same thing....

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    On the off chance that this isn't a troll thread some of the comments aren't exactly helpful... I'm not casting aspersions, especially since I literally laughed out loud reading about 300 rounds since 2016... And laughed out loud again after typing it.

Seriously though, OP this forum takes guns a little more seriously than others. If you're not that serious, then grow thicker skin or move on. If you decide to stay, there is a treasure trove of good information archived here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you're here to participate in a positive manner, be it to learn, to advise, etc, welcome to the forum.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Here's a thought for the OP as well. This thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php?searchid=3291817

It'll show you the last 500 posts by Iraqgunz, which only gets you back to last year. Read ALL of them. You will glean a LITTLE of the wisdom he shared here the past 12 years, which will put you on a MUCH better footing going forward. It will certainly be more instructive, than your first 34 years were.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Hook, line and sinker.....
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    One will not be making anything better, or reliable, by adding anything made by Stroke Industries. It's always does the opposite. You should put your likely TDP spec (material, coating, hardness, tolerance and dimensions) pins back, you will have made it more reliable than it is now.

I reckon we've all made that mistake once, it's part of the learning process.
    Last edited by Duffy; 07-03-19 at 21:08.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    You all may know a great deal but most of you are not sharing that with the OP. Instead, you are berating him. I don't think he is a troll nor did he get paid for his post. True, he did not state reasons for his decisions but that is not new here. I ask for reasoning almost every time I post here and sometimes get it and sometimes not. So far the only thing that sticks out in my mind regarding reasoning is the discussion on the improved charging handle. The heavier buffer as standard is interesting but there will always be someone saying an adjustable gas block is better. Where is that voice now? Even the government gave up on fancy BCGs. Until his rifle fails, it is just as good as any of yours. When it does and he asks for help, why not talk then?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    We did give him reasons why what he was doing wasn't getting him where he wanted. He did state reasons for why he did what he did.

The reason we thought he might be trolling is that some of the things he did for the sake of reliability seemed way out there. For instance...a NiB BCG for ease of cleaning has zero to do with improved intrinsic reliability. Then the 300 rds in 3 yrs. really made us suspicious. If he comes back and engages in a coherent manner, I think most of us would be happy to help.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I really don't think this is the forum for you OP.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    You all may know a great deal but most of you are not sharing that with the OP. Instead, you are berating him. I don't think he is a troll nor did he get paid for his post. True, he did not state reasons for his decisions but that is not new here. I ask for reasoning almost every time I post here and sometimes get it and sometimes not. So far the only thing that sticks out in my mind regarding reasoning is the discussion on the improved charging handle. The heavier buffer as standard is interesting but there will always be someone saying an adjustable gas block is better. Where is that voice now? Even the government gave up on fancy BCGs. Until his rifle fails, it is just as good as any of yours. When it does and he asks for help, why not talk then?
    There have been several polite and informative posts.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast