Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith and Wesson 645

Feedback Score

Smith and Wesson 645

I recently got my hands on a Smith and Wesson 645. Nice gun. I can see why they were popular.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Then they grew up and became 4506s. I will always have a place for a Smith .45. Trust me. They work.

They suck to tote all day. Have given lots of folks hernias and have their bouts of personality here and there, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Then they grew up and became 4506s. I will always have a place for a Smith .45. Trust me. They work.

They suck to tote all day. Have given lots of folks hernias and have their bouts of personality here and there, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
    Had a 4506 when they first came out-HUGE pistol. To my memory was a decent gun, but I do remember having one of the worst malfs Ive ever had with it..remember having to pry the round out with a screwdriver..gun plum locked up. Dont remember details beyond that.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Had a star-crossed example; ringed the barrel with a light, target load that didn't clear the barrel. Rebarreled it and eventually sold it. Main complaints were size, and the high bore axis. I was always a Smith revo guy,and had a hard time weaning myself from the brand.
    After the trade, it was stolen from the gunshop (twice), recovered twice, including once from the river. Love to know its current whereabouts.
    For the OP, one caveat, the magazines are thin on the ground; scoop up extras when you have the chance. Enjoy your pistole.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    I think you have the 4506 which is an updated model go the 645. They are both great pistols with the 645 only being made for 2 years if my memory serves me correct.The 645 is on the bottom in the picture. Thanks on the tip of looking for a Sig 226 X-5 Holster.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gary1911A1; 07-04-19 at 15:02.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    That’s ‘cause you are carrying it wrong.

Attachment 57908
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Bzzzzzzz! Sorry, they are tanks. A good belt will help, but they are just a heavy gun, with a full magazine of .45s.
    Bigger calibers have a way of increasing everything associated with them.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    One of my first guns was a 6906, well actually it was my second real handgun. Built well, my only issue was the trigger was horrendous. But that was a long time ago and we've come a long way.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I think you have the 4506 which is an updated model go the 645. They are both great pistols with the 645 only being made for 2 years if my memory serves me correct.The 645 is on the bottom in the picture. Thanks on the tip of looking for a Sig 226 X-5 Holster.

I can see where one might think it is a 4506, based on the slide and the plastic full wrap grip (which I removed as it was stupidly slick compared to the rubber ones), however, it has the hooked trigger guard from the 645/745 series and the other clue was the number 645 stamped on the frame. Indicating the model is a 645. In truth, it is actually one of the 645s built as Smith and Wesson was making the change over to the 4506, thus using what ever older frames they had on hand.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Best quote I ever heard about the 4506 went something like "A 4506 can beat a Sig or Glock to pieces.....no literally a empty 4506 can beat a Sig or Glock into scrap aluminum or plastic."
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast