Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smith and Wesson 645

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm sure anyone who has ever carried a Smith 45 can relate...

If you've ever taken off your duty belt after a 16 hour shift of carrying a Smith 45 and literally felt like you were going to float away..... Go ahead and hit that subscribe button

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

If you've ever taken off your duty belt after a 16 hour shift of carrying a Smith 45 and literally felt like you were going to float away..... Go ahead and hit that subscribe button
    Yeah, but it was a reassuring back/hip/knee pain. I'm pretty sure it's the only duty gun I carried that weighed more than the duty loadout of ammo by multiples...which is asinine, now that I think about it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    Yeah, but it was a reassuring back/hip/knee pain. I'm pretty sure it's the only duty gun I carried that weighed more than the duty loadout of ammo by multiples...which is asinine, now that I think about it.
    Not if you need to pistol whip somebody.

Hypothetically.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Hey I carried one iwb as my edc for a short time. It would rub holes in the back of my jeans so I switched to the 4566.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Hey I carried one iwb as my edc for a short time. It would rub holes in the back of my jeans so I switched to the 4566.
    The 4566 is a near perfect balance of excessive weight, over built, and utterly reliable.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Amen and my 645 has been worked over by Novak's shop years ago. One of my favorite pieces of all time.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mlazarus5388 View Post
    The 4566 is a near perfect balance of excessive weight, over built, and utterly reliable.
    Haha I carried a 4566 on and off duty for several years and I fully agree! A beautiful custom Mitch Rosen IWB holster helped though.

Dennis.

Last edited by Dennis; 07-20-19 at 09:29.

Feedback Score
    The right holster and belt make all the difference.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    You'll wanna go BACK to the factory straight-back grip ASAP, though. Back in the day, I put that same (style) Hogue grip on my 1006... for about 5 minutes. Then I went back to the factory grip!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    You'll wanna go BACK to the factory straight-back grip ASAP, though. Back in the day, I put that same (style) Hogue grip on my 1006... for about 5 minutes. Then I went back to the factory grip!
    I think you can make out in my pic that I wore the Hogue grip down to smooth after a few years of constant carry...

I used and liked the finger groove and panel ones on my carry 92Fs as well.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for rubber...

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast