Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Smith and Wesson 645

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    You'll wanna go BACK to the factory straight-back grip ASAP, though. Back in the day, I put that same (style) Hogue grip on my 1006... for about 5 minutes. Then I went back to the factory grip!
    Nope. I tossed all the factory straight back grips in favor of the palm swell hogue rubber grips.

The originals were too thin and too straight up and down. I need something better fills my hand and give them more of an angle. The plastic palm swell grips I can deal with but the rubber ones are optimal

Feedback Score
    Strong preference for the rubber Hogue grips. Better purchase on the gun, better shape for my girly hands.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    10-4 on the rubber grips. Massive improvement over stock IMO.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I prefer the arched OEM grips to the flat-backed ones.

Never tried the rubber Hogues, but I did try the wood ones and they didn't quite fit the pistol and were super bulky.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    heh....I think everyone got the rubber hogue grips even though the factory grips were more 1911ish. It felt good in the hand.

Feedback Score
    Arched OEM for me also.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I think you can make out in my pic that I wore the Hogue grip down to smooth after a few years of constant carry...

I used and liked the finger groove and panel ones on my carry 92Fs as well.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for rubber...

Dennis.
    I LIKE Hogue grips! Got some on my pocket rocket Taurus 605, and on my Kimber UC II. I just didn't like THOSE 2nd/3rd gen full-size S&W grips. The rubber was wrapped around some rigid polymer underneath, and it felt like I was trying to grip a 2x4.

S&W sent a rounded grip, as a recall replacement for the straight back (which, under CERTAIN circumstances, could fire when dropped on a solid surface, they discovered ca.1991), which placed my trigger finger further AWAY from the trigger, so I ditched that too. The factory straight-back was the best grip I ever tried on my 1006.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234