I just got my first set of NVGs last Monday.

I jumped on the NGI/DTNVG set that TNVC introduced in July. The spec isn't out of the world but for my first set and being $3K less than their premier tube set I am happy. EBI is solid and there is only one blem that I can see an it's all the way on the outer perimeter. I really dig the ActInBlack housing. Shot about 100 rounds Sunday night and it was a lot of fun.

I considered duel PVS14s but it would have been the same price [if not a little more], heavier and less flexible.

I considered a single PVS14 and maybe buying a second down the road but I wanted the tubes to be at least similar in performance. I was worried about getting headaches if one tube is far different from another. Not sure if this is a real problem or me just overthinking it. Then there is the "buy once cry ones" mentality.

Honestly, I think a single PVS14 would work for my needs just as well, Im not LEO or MIL, just an Architect trying to have fun. I think that would apply to most people.

If I am ever in a situation where I need one eye without a tube in front of it, I can just rotate one of the tubes up and it automatically turns off.