Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons to upgrade NVGs? (binos, WP, etc)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If one were looking to acquire a decently spec'd PVS 14, and he owns land and can use them anytime he desires and isn't concerned with just flexing on the 5 digit earners, where is a good place to shop that won't take more time to receive them than a Form 4 tax stamp?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    If one were looking to acquire a decently spec'd PVS 14, and he owns land and can use them anytime he desires and isn't concerned with just flexing on the 5 digit earners, where is a good place to shop that won't take more time to receive them than a Form 4 tax stamp?
    Kosher Surplus has PVS14’s in stock with good specs.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Thank you, I'd never heard of Kosher Surplus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I don’t know about all that. I’d be pretty surprised if more than 300 guys in the country have good NODs (14 or better), a laser, and know how to use both well. And the vast majority of them probably roll in the same circles. There may be tons of hunters and the like with NVG capability, but we all know that doesn’t necessarily mean shit. Even with those guys factored in, I’d be surprised if 5% of the population has NODs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’d be surprised if 5% of shooters have NODs. I bought my rig a decade ago and I didn’t have any others in my circle with one. Ten years later, I’m still the only one with a functioning rig...and by that I mean NODs, helmet/mount, PEQ and training on it. It’s “been on the list” of four of my guys for a long time but no progress.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I decided to purchase a PVS14. After reviewing the fact that I will pay taxes on my stock profits, as well as the fact that a 14 "definitely gets me in the game", and I moved just fine with one last time I used one, I decided to save the coin on binos and go with a PVS14.

L3 filmless WP tube w/datasheet, dated July 2020
    64,200 biolume gain
    34.1 SNR
    0.1 EBI
    0.7 Halo
    64 lp/mm (I will not magnify)
    Spec sheet shows one blem .003-.006” in the outside of zone 3.

Here is a photo through the device. I think I saw the blem, dunno.

in a Vyper body with Carson glass, 2 year tube warranty, and 5 year housing warranty, through the manufacturer (UNV). I confirmed with the stocking dealer that Carson glass was used throughout.

My next question:

I need a helmet, and I need a mount, and I need a tether, and I want to know if I should use a counterweight of some type or not, if so, what? I THINK I want a Norotos INVG mount with the dual dove-tail. Do I? I understand that if I stow the device, it will instantly shut it off? Will it ALSO turn back on, unlike the Wilcox G24, or no, when re-deployed? I would strongly prefer a Team Wendy helmet for their suspension system. How would I mount a Norotos on this?

I want a bump helmet, not ballistic. I want to integrate my Peltor Tac 6's on it, as I don't need comms, and they are cheap and when they die I get new ones. My nugget measures roughly 21.5" circ.

I also wanted to thank everyone here who humored this agonizing process along the way, who helped, and who contributed. I ask a lot of stuff.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    That is who I went through. Yes, Benny suffered the gauntlet of 5 billion questions. Yes, I researched Kosher as well as UNV through multiple friends of mine. Everyone seems G2G. I bet Benny is tired of my minutia, but dude is easy to deal with, very responsive, and knows his product.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I decided to purchase a PVS14. After reviewing the fact that I will pay taxes on my stock profits, as well as the fact that a 14 "definitely gets me in the game", and I moved just fine with one last time I used one, I decided to save the coin on binos and go with a PVS14.

64,200 biolume gain
    34.1 SNR
    0.1 EBI
    0.7 Halo

in a Vyper body with Carson glass, 2 year tube warranty, and 5 year housing warranty, through the manufacturer (UNV). I confirmed with the stocking dealer that Carson glass was used throughout.

My next question:

I need a helmet, and I need a mount, and I need a tether, and I want to know if I should use a counterweight of some type or not, if so, what? I THINK I want a Norotos INVG mount with the dual dove-tail. Do I? I understand that if I stow the device, it will instantly shut it off? Will it ALSO turn back on, unlike the Wilcox G24, or no, when re-deployed? I would strongly prefer a Team Wendy helmet for their suspension system. How would I mount a Norotos on this?

I want a bump helmet, not ballistic. I want to integrate my Peltor Tac 6's on it, as I don't need comms, and they are cheap and when they die I get new ones. My nugget measures roughly 21.5" circ.

I also wanted to thank everyone here who humored this agonizing process along the way, who helped, and who contributed. I ask a lot of stuff.
    I saw the blem right away, then I scrolled the page a bit and realized it was a spot on my computer monitor.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

64,200 biolume gain
    34.1 SNR
    0.1 EBI
    0.7 Halo

My next question:

Buy a team wendy bump. Wilcox g24 is bougie. Dual dovetail is 100% worth it. I can’t speak to the INVG but it looks cool.

Aftermarket lanyards are a meme generally. Rig up some 550 cord instead. I have one of the Trex bungee lanyards in my lid and has the added benefit of adding a little stabilization to my RNVGs but it was free.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Buy a team wendy bump. Wilcox g24 is bougie. Dual dovetail is 100% worth it. I can’t speak to the INVG but it looks cool.

Aftermarket lanyards are a meme generally. Rig up some 550 cord instead. I have one of the Trex bungee lanyards in my lid and has the added benefit of adding a little stabilization to my RNVGs but it was free.

Thanks! I know zip about lanyards other than its intended function. Will 550 fit through the pvs lanyard loop?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Thanks! I know zip about lanyards other than its intended function. Will 550 fit through the pvs lanyard loop?
    It will work just fine, if you have any issue use a small zip-tie and connect it to the 550 cord.

I agree with GTF425, I like The PVS14 over Binos. I had access to Binos for years and choose to stick with my 14s. I like the versatility of having a only one eye covered.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast