Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons to upgrade NVGs? (binos, WP, etc)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Gotta say, being a johnny come lately with a WP PVS-14 and helmet setup...

If you are at all a shooter and not a gun accumulator with the potential need to shoot at night for pest control (hawgs, yotes, other undesirable things)...

DO IT.

DO IT NOW.
    It's very wrong that I don't have night vision. Gotta check coming, might have to bite the bullet.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    It's very wrong that I don't have night vision. Gotta check coming, might have to bite the bullet.

PB
    Yeah, definitely do it. I took the plunge recently myself. Only regret is not doing it sooner.

Call Robert @ JRH...He'll get you hooked up with something nice.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    With a standard PVS14 what is the cost/benefit of upgrading? Assuming there is no use for the 14 anymore, and you take a $1k hit by selling, is grabbing a set of 15s in green or WP worth it?

I like having one eye that retains natural night vision. After using NV for a few hours my monocular eye has an orange tint to it that is very dark. I don’t think I’d want both eyes looking like that.

Does depth perception really increase with binos that much? I’ve looked through them a bunch, but never walked around a mucky Texan cow pasture or Florida swamp or Iraqi desert with them as I have with 14s so I can’t base my purchase on experience which is something I always try to do.

It’s not really about the money, but it is. $8000+ is big money to do something that I can already do.
    If you're selling a 14 for 1k, contact me

Edited to add: oops, read that wrong, disregard.
    Last edited by kirkland; 11-07-20 at 12:03.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    What are most people running nowadays? Are the 14s passé with everyone transitioning over to dual tubes?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread On Me View Post
    What are most people running nowadays? Are the 14s passé with everyone transitioning over to dual tubes?
    I went from a 14 to bridged 14s to binos. Selling the old stuff as I upgraded.

But I still see a lot of people at night events with just 14s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread On Me View Post
    Don't let anyone tell you that you have to buy a $10K dual tube system to: drive, have depth perception, do CQB, etc. This is BS.

Everything you need to do you CAN do with a monocular. It just gets easier to do with a dual tube set.

This coming from someone that sells NV for a living and ran a 14 for years.

Dual tube units make it easier but you can do the same things with a 14 as long as you are willing to train a bit.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I 100% agree with Robert above and honestly believe in some cases that a single 14 offers more advantages. Binos or dual tubes are great for big open spaces and IMO extended wear times beyond that I dont really see that much more of a plus. I would spend the extra money between a 14 and set of dual tubes on a higher spec tube and better IR Laser/Illuminator like a MAWL. A single 14 give you the advantage of much faster low/white light transitions plus being able to read many natural lighting conditions with your unaided eye. If you dont run your gain stupidly high you will be amazed what your unaided eye can bring to the party.

If your shopping for a set of dual tubes and overlook articulation and gain control your giving up ground if you want to be dynamic and function better under all conditions. There are many times with my NVD BNVD SG ULs I roll my dominate eye tube up out of the way as at a door or breach point where there might be high probability of having to go to white light or in very rugged terrain where I want the added peripheral or natural vision.

If your looking for Night Vision dont hesitate to reach out to JRH Enterprises. Robert will keep it real and carries a great product line. I have not bought from them myself but they have a great reputation in the Night Vision community.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    I 100% agree with Robert above and honestly believe in some cases that a single 14 offers more advantages. Binos or dual tubes are great for big open spaces and IMO extended wear times beyond that I dont really see that much more of a plus. I would spend the extra money between a 14 and set of dual tubes on a higher spec tube and better IR Laser/Illuminator like a MAWL. A single 14 give you the advantage of much faster low/white light transitions plus being able to read many natural lighting conditions with your unaided eye. If you dont run your gain stupidly high you will be amazed what your unaided eye can bring to the party.

If your shopping for a set of dual tubes and overlook articulation and gain control your giving up ground if you want to be dynamic and function better under all conditions. There are many times with my NVD BNVD SG ULs
    This is pretty good info, and the BNVD SG UL is awesome.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    This is pretty good info, and the BNVD SG UL is awesome.
    My favorite platform as well, very popular.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    My favorite platform as well, very popular.
    Wish Id have known about the M4c discount when I bought mine. I think y’all might have given me a .mil discount, though. Don’t remember.

We need a NV sub......

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast