Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Duty Ammunition, If Given A Choice.....

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I’m right there with ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Whichever generates the least recoil, so I can shoot it faster if need be.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m a 124+ fan, my go to

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nothing Ive ever chronoed from Hornady ever came close to advertised specs, and has been least accurate in MY guns.
    Ive read/studied/watched & asked people in the know for a long, long time and my choice is Speer 124+P GD and/or Federal HST 124+P, period.
    The Federal is the more accurate of the two, and both always chrono correctly.
    Also- for me..the +P is no hindrance to fast shooting.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Also- for me..the +P is no hindrance to fast shooting.
    I hear that a lot (or for arguments for .40 S&W/.45 ACP/10mm/etc.), but that's always on a square range with a good two-handed grip. No one talks about doing it injured/fatigued/SHO/WHO/in unorthodox positions (or combinations thereof).
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I hear that a lot (or for arguments for .40 S&W/.45 ACP/10mm/etc.), but that's always on a square range with a good two-handed grip. No one talks about doing it injured/fatigued/SHO/WHO/in unorthodox positions (or combinations thereof).
    And it's rarely true when tested to a standard.

Easy way to check: run a set number of Tests (10yds, 10rds, 10sec) with load A and load B. For each load...
    measure: time for each run, average of all runs
    measure: average split on each run and all runs
    measure: total points for each run (and X count), average score for all runs
    measure: group size for each run, average of all runs (or total group size of all runs on a single target)

Compare those numbers for each load tested. They will be different.

You could use a number of other tests that required a decent accuracy standard, like a Bill Drill. But if you're just hosing a B/C target at close range, no it probably doesn't matter.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My department issues the 124+P Gold Dot in 9mm and 180 and 230 HST for 40 and 45. All have performed very well in our shootings. I will stick with those as they are a known quantity for me.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post

Easy way to check: run a set number of Tests (10yds, 10rds, 10sec) with load A and load B. For each load...
    measure: group size for each run, average of all runs (or total group size of all runs on a single target)

You could use a number of other tests that required a decent accuracy standard, like a Bill Drill. But if you're just hosing a B/C target at close range, no it probably doesn't matter.
    Thats fair & true enough. Ive done a bit more than hose down A B/C target at close range tho..but Ill grant you under a timed scenario there could be a diff..but it wouldnt be enough to deter me from using standard pressure ammo.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I first learned of the Half-and-Half drill about 3 years ago. It’s a drill that I will run every time I go to the range, either cold or after a full day of shooting.

It’s absolutely a solid drill that will let you know what’s working for you and what isn’t and where you need improvements (At least in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Given those choices, and your stated parameters, I'd say the Fed. 147 HST.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    Would any of you have an issue carrying a standard pressure 124 grain load for the same duty role?
    If it was high end stuff, not just some range ammo built with HP bullets. In all Reality, I would guess you shoot anybody 2 or 3 times in the chest and its gunna hurt. But no need to do that, increase your odds with good shit.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast