Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: More malarkey from the atf about braces and OAL

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Don't count on it. A deceased acquaintance was retired ATF and mentioned he had been assigned to go to a dog trial due to the swap meet there and nailed a guy for an SBS or SBR. That is in addition to the out of state sales sting operations.

My point still stands. That is why I said most of the time, not all the time.

Most NFA violations are referred to the ATF by local LE.

The only time the ATF busts people is at large gun show events or crime dragnets.

They don't go to ranges and bust people. They don't catch people driving around in a car or shooting out in the country.
    Last edited by scottryan; 07-09-19 at 10:15.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    For someone who was once wanting to be a federal agent, you are sure down on LE.

If I knew someone that had an an SBR and hadn't complied with this:

If you are using an NFA trust to hold your NFA items then the trust name is the manufacturer’s name you will need to engrave. If not, you will need to engrave your full legal name as the manufacturer.

Then I'd also dog the shit out of him - for his own good. I'd hate to see an improperly engraved NFA rifle muddy the waters in a legal home defense situation.

Speaking of bright friends:

Attachment 57951
    That wasn't why he was chewing his ass out. He was chewing his ass out because he wanted him busted. The owner knew it wasn't engraved. He didn't want to tattoo a $2500 gun.

Also on the game warden thing.... Silencers are legal for hunting in Nebraska. I guarantee you if a game warden makes contact with you while hunting here, he will give you a raft of shit for it.
    Last edited by scottryan; 07-09-19 at 10:29.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Because of this ruling I will have to remove my BCM grip from my 11.5". I measured previously, and was good to go, but not anymore.

Like it has been mentioned in this thread already, people need to stop asking. Like Black aces tactical asking if they could do it too, and effing up shouldering braces the first time around for us, just do your thing and shut up about it until they come out on their own and tell you it's illegal.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Because of this ruling I will have to remove my BCM grip from my 11.5". I measured previously, and was good to go, but not anymore.

Like it has been mentioned in this thread already, people need to stop asking. Like Black aces tactical asking if they could do it too, and effing up shouldering braces the first time around for us, just do your thing and shut up about it until they come out on their own and tell you it's illegal.
    I'm curious how you got an 11.5" AR so short - do you have a folding stock?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I'm curious how you got an 11.5" AR so short - do you have a folding stock?
    Yes. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the Law folder does not count for OAL?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Anyone here find a case of someone being 'busted' for their legally approved F1 SBR because it wasn't engraved???

I think the most you would get is "hey asshole, engrave your shit".

Feedback Score
    In this video he touches on that by saying (paraphrasing) that some folding mechanisms are not essential to the function of the firearm and therefore excluded from the measurment. He was using an AK pistol for this example. So, I believe you would have to unfold the Law to measure an AR. However, due your own due diligence to be safe.

Last edited by tehpwnag3; 07-09-19 at 13:12.

Feedback Score
    He followed up later that day with another video.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    People would stop caring about this BS if people stopped caring about this BS.

YouTube wannabe celebrities included

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I was momentarily confused because my 11.3" pistol is way over 26 inches - obviously I didn't consider a folding stock.

Second part - I am clueless.

Andy

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast